Are you looking for the best mattress that will make you feel like you’re sleeping on the cloud? The Puffy mattress is a special mattress that not only offers comfort but also helps you to sleep cool and relieve pressure. The Puffy is an all-foam mattress that is made up of a mixture of gel memory foam and high-density polyfoam. Read this Puffy mattress reviews to know more about this brand.
Established in 2017, the Puffy mattress currently offers two mattress models which are the Puffy and Puffy Lux. The Puffy mattress comes with 3 layers and it measures 10-inches. While the Puffy Lux features 4 layers of memory foam and it measures 12-inches. Both of these Puffy mattresses have a polyfoam as the support core.
Technical Specifications of the Puffy Mattress
|Models:||Puffy and Puffy Lux|
|Layers:||Puffy (3) and Puffy Lux (4)|
|Trial:||101-night sleep risk-free trial period|
|Height||10 & 12 inches|
|Warranty:||Limited Lifetime warranty|
|Ideal for:||All types of sleepers (side, back, stomach, and combo)|
|Thickness||ranging from 8.5 – 16 inches (3 collections)|
|Off-gassing:||lasts for only a few days|
|Shipping:||free shipping and return|
|Donates:||mattresses to Jump for kids charity program|
In this Puffy mattress reviews, we’re going to look at the Puffy mattresses, its features, pros, cons, and who it is best suited for. The Puffy mattress is a memory foam mattress with great motion transfer and conforming capabilities. This mattress may be better suited for lighter and average eight sleepers but is great for all types of sleepers.
Puffy Mattress Reviews 2021
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Puffy Mattress
- 2 Puffy Mattress Reviews 2021
- 3 Advantages of Puffy mattress
- 4 Disadvantages of puffy mattresses
- 5 Who should choose the Puffy mattress foam?
- 6 Who shouldn’t choose the puffy mattresses?
- 7 Why does Puffy mattress standout from other brands?
- 8 FAQ
Continue reading this Puffy mattress reviews to find out more about this classical memory foam mattress.
The Puffy mattress is one of those well-constructed mattresses that you will come across the market. It features 3 layers that provide targeted relief to the spine. So, no more aches and pains as you take a nap for a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
Before we take a look at the 3 layers that this Puffy mattress model comes with, let’s see how its cover is constructed. The Puffy cover is made of a standard polyester blend cover with a little bit of lycra mixed in to assist the fabric to stretch. Since the fabric is extremely thin, the air should flow easily and help to keep the mattress cool.
The first layer is the comfort layer. This layer is made of gel memory foam and it measures 2-inches. This foam has gel microbes mixed into it and usually does a great job of regulating sleep temperature than other forms of memory foam. This layer is also very soft, thus it allows the sleeper to sink into the mattress for some amazing pressure relief.
The second layer is the transition layer which comprises of 2-inches of polyfoam. It is also referred to as the climate comfort layer. This layer is very important as it gives the mattress a firmer feel which also helps to prevent the sleeper from feeling stuck after sinking into the comfort layer. Apart from that this layer also offers cradling support to the body as it moves via the mattress to the firm base.
The third and final layer is the base or foundation layer. This layer measures 6-inches and it is made of HD polyfoam. The HD polyfoam is a very common material in most bed-in-a-box beds. The layer provides the overall support for the entire mattress.
Most people prefer buying mattresses that last long. A good mattress should at least give you 6 years of good use. So, when buying a mattress you should check its construction and whether it will last for many years or not. The Puffy mattress is not very durable as it is made of less dense foams. But this doesn’t mean that the mattress is not durable as lighter and average weight sleepers will find it to be durable.
Knowing how comfortable the mattress is built helps you to determine if it’s the comfort that you’re looking for or not. The Puffy mattress is considered to have a firmness level of 6.5 on a scale of 1-10. This is medium firmness which is not only comfortable but can also accommodate different types of sleepers.
Since this mattress is made of memory foam, it will sink when you sleep on it but at the same time cradle support to keep the spine properly aligned and the hips well supported. As long as you don’t weigh more than 250lbs, it will give you great support and comfort.
Memory foam mattresses are known to sleep hot as they sink and hug the sleeper more than any other type of mattress. Even though this is true, not all memory foam mattresses sleep hot. For instance, the Puffy mattress features gel infused memory in its layers which promote air circulation and thus it sleeps cool. So, when it comes to temperature neutrality, this mattress can be rated to perform well than other memory foam mattresses on the market.
If you have a partner who moves a lot in bed, then you know the importance of having a mattress with great motion isolation. Imagine being deep asleep only to be woken up by your partner’s constant move in bed. This is very disgusting and can spoil your night altogether. With the Puffy bed, you will not have such a case as it features one of the best motion isolations. The Puffy mattress foam provides excellent motion isolation, which means that you will not notice when your partner moves in bed, or the impact will be extremely small to be noticed when you are deep asleep.
Do you love sitting on the edge of your bed with your partner? If that’s the case then you will not appreciate this mattress so much. This is because the Puffy mattress is lacking when it comes to edge support. This is almost the same case with a good number of memory foam mattress. For a good to excellent edge support, you need to consider innerspring or hybrid mattresses.
If you want to sleep comfortably the whole night, consider picking a bed that relieves your pressure point and offers you the firmness that you want. The Puffy mattress is made of memory foam which conforms to your body and supporting the body parts that need relief such as the hips and shoulders. Also, you will sleep in the bed and not on the bed as the memory foam sinks and hugs you but doesn’t stick when you get out of it.
A responsive mattress helps you to get off the bed easily as it regains its shape. A less responsive mattress is difficult to get out of it as it hugs and sticks you in bed. If you’re a couple looking for a good bed for sex, then a bouncy and responsive mattress should be on top of your priorities.
The Puffy mattress is not the best mattress for people looking for a good bed for sex as it is neither bouncy nor very responsive. Look for a bouncy and responsive bed if you want to enjoy sex with your partner.
Some beds make noise as you change positions or have fun on them. The noise usually comes from the metal components incorporated in the beds. The good news is that the Puffy bed is not noisy as it has no coils or any other metal component in it. It is made of all-foam which makes it be extremely silent when weight is placed on it. So, noise isn’t a concern at all on this bed.
This is something that you will have to bear with, especially if you love memory foam or are buying a bed-in-a-box bed. The Puffy produces some smell which lasts for only a few days. When you receive the mattress, you should remove it from the box right away and place it on a foundation. Within a few days, the smell will not be there, so you can sleep comfortably.
Even though the Puffy mattress is a high-quality bed with exceptional features, it is slightly expensive than other beds in the same category. This makes it be unfavorable to people who are looking for an affordable and quality mattress. But when you look at the features and quality it offers, it is right to say that it is worth every penny.
If you find the mattress to be uncomfortable within three months of purchase, there is nothing to worry about as it comes with a 101-night’s sleep risk-free trial period. This is enough time to test the mattress and figure out if it is the ideal bed for you or not.
Return and shipping
After the trial period, you can feel free to return the mattress if you find it to be uncomfortable or continue using it if you like it. The mattress is 100% refundable and the shipping is free after purchase and even when you refund it.
The Puffy offers the best warranty on the market as it comes with a lifetime limited warranty. Note that the Puffy Mattress warranty is not transferable.
Advantages of Puffy mattress
- It has one of the best motion isolation. So, no more sleep distractions from movement from your partner.
- It provides consistent support and comfort no matter the climate in which you’re in.
- It has unique conforming construction which provides great relief to pressure points leading to a sound and comfortable sleep.
- The brand donates its mattresses to Jump for kids charity program
- It offers a full refund and free shipping
- The buyer is provided with a 101-night sleep risk-free trial period
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
Disadvantages of puffy mattresses
- The brand only offers one firmness option per every mattress model which is a disadvantage to many people.
- It doesn’t offer strong edge support which some people need for support
Who should choose the Puffy mattress foam?
- If you weigh less than 230lbs, you will find this mattress to be excellent for you.
- If you love the feel of a memory foam mattress, this is a great option to have in your bedroom. By “memory foam” we mean if you love sleeping “in” rather than “on” the mattress.
- Do you live in a place with extreme seasonal weather? Worry not as this mattress is great at adapting to different climates perfectly.
- Does your partner distract you at night as they change in bed? Get this mattress as it is almost perfect when it comes to isolating motion.
- If you sleep hot and love the feel of memory foam, this is a good mattress for you. Not only will this mattress hug you, but it will also allow you to sleep cool due to the gel-infused memory foam that disperses heat better than traditional memory foam.
Who shouldn’t choose the puffy mattresses?
- If you weigh more than 250lbs, then you should look elsewhere as this mattress won’t give you the comfort that you need.
- Is edge support important for you? This mattress offers fair edge support but not good support. Consider picking an innerspring or hybrid mattress.
- If you’re on a tight budget and want an affordable mattress, this is not the mattress for you. It is slightly costly and above average.
Why does Puffy mattress standout from other brands?
- The mattress features a wonderful universal feel that is adaptable, contouring, and relieves pressure points on your body. As a result, this creates a memory foam feel without being extremely slow and just slightly responsive. With such a feature, this is a mattress that suits all kinds of sleepers.
- The motion isolation on this mattress is far better than most models on the market. As a memory foam mattress, it remains fairly temperature neutral and provides good edge support. This makes it be an excellent choice for couples.
- It has an excellent lifetime warranty and a 101-night trial period, which is great and above the standard being offered on the market.
Overall, the Puffy mattress is an exceptional bed for sleepers who weigh 230lbs or less and those who want a mattress with great motion isolation. The Puffy mattress is made of memory foam but it doesn’t sleep hot and provides some fair edge support. Besides, the mattress is great at relieving pressure points as it conforms very well to your body.
If you love the feel of memory foam and are ready to dish out some extra cash to get the best, then the Puffy mattress is a good option for you. The manufacturer ships the mattress within a week and provides a full refund. Shipping is free and it has a 101-night sleep-free trial period with a lifetime warranty. With such features, this is a worthwhile investment that will suit all kinds of sleepers. I hope this Puffy mattress reviews article will help a lot to take the right decision.
Question: Where can I buy the Puffy mattress?
Answer: The Puffy mattress can only be purchased on their website as they don’t operate any brick-and-mortar stores. The good news is that the brand offers some discounts and coupons which you should look out for when buying their products.
Question: Besides their mattresses, what else does Puffy offer?
Answer: The Puffy is an amazing brand that not only offers mattresses but as well as other bedding products such as an adjustable bed, pillow, foundation, and mattress pad. In addition, it has two mattress models which are the Puffy and the Puffy Lux. All of these products can be purchased on their site as they don’t have any brick-and-mortar stores.
Question: Is Puffy a good bed for couples?
Answer: Yes, it is. If you’re a couple who is looking for a comfortable mattress with great conforming and motion isolation capabilities, then you will find Puffy to be an amazing mattress for you. But if you want a mattress that is bouncy and great for sex, this may not be the best mattress for you.
Question: Is the Puffy mattress good for a person who weighs more than 230lbs?
Answer: No, it isn’t. As a matter of fact, most if not all memory foam mattresses are not good for heavier sleepers or people who weigh more than 230lbs. But if you weigh less than 230lbs, this is a great mattress for you. If you’re a heavy person, then you should consider looking for a mattress that is made of innerspring or a hybrid mattress.
Question: How long does it take to deliver your mattress after purchasing it from Puffy website?
Answer: After purchasing your mattress on the Puffy website, it will take between 2 to 7 days to arrive at your doorstep. This is not the same with other mattress brands which may take even up to 2 weeks to deliver your mattress. The Puffy makes deliveries even to your office or a convenient place that you desire. Note that there are no shipping charges and the mattress is compressed before transportation.
Still, have questions after reading this Puffy Mattress reviews article? Comment below.