Choosing between Leesa and Saatva mattresses can be quite challenging as they differ in terms of construction, design, and even feel. But they also share several things in common such as selling their mattresses online and creating durable and high-quality mattresses. Read this Leesa Vs Saatva mattress comparison to know more about these two brands.
Leesa was founded in 2014, and its flagship mattress is the Leesa mattress. Leesa produces high-quality mattresses, and it has become a popular online brand over the years. Besides offering the Leesa mattress, this brand also has the Leesa hybrid, which was introduced a few years back.
Saatva mattress was discovered a bit earlier than Leesa in the year 2011. Saatva is also one of the most popular online mattress brands on the market. They offer high-quality, luxurious, and well-designed mattresses. Apart from selling mattresses, they also sell bed frames and mattress accessories. Just like Leesa, Saatva has its flagship mattress, which is the Saatva classic mattress. Besides the Saatva classic, other mattresses on offer include Saatva HD, Loom & Leaf, Lineal, Zenhaven, and Solaire.
Comparison Chart: Leesa Vs Saatva Mattress
|Durability||7 years||6 years|
|Firmness||medium-firm||plush (4), luxury firm (6), and firm (8)|
|Motion Isolation:||absorb motion||Not so good|
|Trial period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Returns & Shipping||Free shipping and they ship to all the states, Canada, Germany, and the UK||free shipping to the contiguous US and Canada|
|Temperature control||fairly cool||Cooler|
|Warranty||10-year warranty||15-year warranty|
In this Leesa Vs Saatva comparison, we’ll only look at the Leesa mattress and Saatva classic mattress. Both of these mattresses are the flagship models of the brands.
Leesa Vs Saatva Mattress Features Comparison
- 1 Comparison Chart: Leesa Vs Saatva Mattress
- 2 Leesa Vs Saatva Mattress Features Comparison
- 3 Leesa mattress is suitable for?
- 4 Leesa mattress isn’t suitable for?
- 5 Saatva mattress is suitable for?
- 6 Saatva isn’t suitable for?
- 7 Which is better? Leesa or Saatva Mattress?
Since Leesa and Saatva Classic mattresses have a lot of differing features, you must look at and compare their features to make the best decision. So, we shall compare their construction, firmness rating, edge support, motion isolation, temperature neutrality, price, warranty, and much more.
Leesa mattress features 3 layers that are made of memory foam. It is a 10-inch mattress. The first layer is a breathable foam layer, and it measures 2-inches. This layer is very crucial as it offers cooling, support, and motion isolation. It has a microcell structure and LSA-200 foam technology that increases airflow so that the mattress sleeps cooler than other memory foam beds.
The second layer is also memory foam, and it measures 2-inches. This layer betters the overall comfort of the bed and provides more contouring and support to the sleeper. This layer is also in charge of relieving pressure to aching parts of your body.
The third layer and final layer of the Leesa mattress is the base layer made of high-density foam. This layer is 6-inches in height and offers support and durability to the whole mattress. It ensures that the mattress doesn’t sink extremely deep for longevity.
Saatva Classic features 4 layers and an edge support system. This brings the total height of the mattress to 11.5-inches. Additionally, two of the 5 layers feature steel coils, which give the mattress its bouncy nature. The first layer is the Euro-top pillow with soft padding that forms a great pressure-relieving cradle when you sleep on the mattress. You can pick a Euro-top pillow that has a plush, luxury firm or firm rating.
The second layer is the 1-inch memory foam that excellently complements the support and pressure-relieving ability of the Euro-top pillow. The third layer comes with pocketed coils, and it is 4-inches in height. As a result, you will have an easy time moving on the bed ad your body will contour well on the bed without causing aches.
The fourth layer is the foundation layer, which is 7-inches in height. This layer is made up of very durable tempered steel coils, and it ensures that the mattress keeps its form for many years to come. Last but not least, there is an edge support system. This helps to strengthen the mattress and offer the needed support on the edge of the mattress.
Leesa mattress should be slightly durable than the Saatva mattress because it is made of all foam, while Saatva is made of foam and innerspring.
Leesa mattress should last for at least 7 years as it is made of mixed foam. This is similar to most foam mattresses. On the other hand, the Saatva mattress should last for at least 6 years. However, users have had complaints about Saatva mattress, and they say that it doesn’t last long. This is because of its Euro-top pillow cover that is rated to have below-average durability.
Leesa offers one firmness option, which is the medium-firm. This means that the mattress is most ideal for people in the average weight group of between 130 and 230 pounds.
Saatva is more versatile as it offers three different firmness levels, which are plush (4), luxury firm (6), and firm (8). All of these are rated on the firmness scale or 1 to 10. With different firmness levels to pick from, Saatva can serve all kinds of people, from back sleepers to side sleepers, heavy individuals, and even lighter individuals.
Even though many memory foam mattresses tend to sleep hot, Leesa is fairly cool as it features a breathable layer of foam that has a microcell structure LSA-200 foam technology that increases airflow. But compared to Saatva mattress, this still mattress still retains some heat, as several users have noted.
The Saatva Classic features breathable foam and traditional innerspring in its structure. As a result, the mattress sleeps cool, and it is very responsive. When compared to all-foam mattresses like Leesa, this mattress is way cooler.
Many all-foam mattresses do not offer great edge support. Actually, most of them normally have fair edge support, and Leesa is no exception in this case. This is very different from innerspring mattresses as they usually have optimal edge support. Saatva comes with strong edge support that prevents the user from rolling-off when sleeping close to the edge.
So, in this case, Saatva is the better mattress as it will support your weight when you sleep or sleep on the edge of the mattress.
All-foam mattresses provide the best motion isolation as they absorb motion. This is what you get when buying Leesa, as it comes with dense foam layers that absorb the motion transfer to a great level. If you’ve got a partner who moves a lot in bed or sleeps late at night, you can be relaxed, knowing that they won’t distract you from your sound sleep.
Saatva is not very good at isolating motion, just like other innerspring mattresses. Therefore, it may cause sleep distractions for individuals who have partners that change a lot in bed.
This is one of the features that both Leesa and Saatva are almost at par. But as usual, all-foam mattresses offer the best conforming. Leesa conforms closely to the sleeper’s body, thus relieving pains and helping align the spine. On the other hand, Saatva comprises coils in its structure and memory foam that help to conform closely to your body. Compared to other innerspring mattresses, Saatva is regarded as the best choice when it comes to conforming.
Even though you will not get close to conforming like that of Leesa, Saatva is still a great option for you, especially if you want an innerspring mattress with conforming abilities.
Partners normally look for beds that are bouncy and very responsive. Such beds are great for sex as moving on them is easy when compared to memory foam mattresses that hug you and minimize movement.
Leesa mattress offers a little bounciness, but some partners may find it not good enough for them. But then, the Saatva mattress is very bouncy and responsive, similar to many other innerspring beds on the market. More specifically, the plush and luxury firm Saatva mattresses are the most bouncy and will be better for sex than the firm mattress.
Many sleepers are normally disgusted by the noise made by mattresses. If you’re such a kind of person, then you should select a mattress that is silent when bearing weight. Leesa is made of all-foam thus, it is virtually silent when you sit or sleep on it. In the case of the Saatva mattress, you will have to bear some noise as the pocketed coils in its structure make some squeaking noise. On the same note, many users have complained about this, and it is something that you should be ready for if you decide to buy a Saatva Classic mattress.
Besides conforming, these mattresses are also rated as good when it comes to producing gas and odors when opened. However, Leesa produces slightly more gas than Saatva as it is made of all foam. Users say that the gas dissipates after 3 days.
Saatva is slightly better when it comes to off-gassing as it features innerspring making it more breathable. This means that gasses escape more quickly than in Leesa mattress. Also, owners of this mattress say that the gas lasts for only a few days.
Both of these mattress brands are very supportive and mind their customers. This is because they have great customer support, and they offer a free trial period. This helps the client to find out if the mattress is what they’re looking for or if they should try out another one.
Leesa comes with a 100-night free trial period, while Saatva has a 120-night free trial period. Therefore, if you choose Saatva, you will have almost three additional weeks of testing the mattress.
Returns and shipping
Before buying a mattress from any online brand, you must find out about their trial period, shipping, and warranty. Both Leesa and Saatva have good policies that will simplify the work of the buyer. For instance, Leesa offers free shipping, and they ship to all the states, Canada, Germany, and the UK. At the same time, Saatva offers free shipping to the contiguous US and Canada.
Leesa also offers a full refund, and so do Saatva. But there is a slight difference as Saatva charges for transportation when you return the mattress while Leesa doesn’t charge anything even when you return the mattress for a full refund.
Leesa and Saatva mattresses sell similar mattress sizes, but they vary in prices. The mattress sizes on offer include twin, twin xl, full, queen, king, and California king. Leesa mattresses are cheaper when compared to Saatva mattresses. The difference in price is small, but it still counts for people looking to save some extra coins.
Saatva comes with a 15-year warranty, while Leesa offers a 10-year warranty. So, if you’re looking for a mattress with a longer warranty, then you should opt for Saatva.
However, Saatva has two types of coverage, which extend to 15 years. The first warranty is the standard warranty where the company covers all repairs and replacement, apart from years 3 to 15, where the buyer has to incur transportation costs. The second warranty is the prorated warranty, meaning that the buyer has to pay a certain amount of the real cost to get a new mattress replacement, but you can still keep your old mattress.
Leesa has no extra charges if you decide to return the mattress, and the returned mattress is either recycled or given to charity.
Leesa mattress is suitable for?
- A person who wants good motion isolation. Made of memory foam, Leesa transfers very little motion, which allows partners to sleep soundly without being distracted by another.
- People who want a mattress that conforms to their body. This bed contours to the shape of your body and alleviate pressure points. The mattress will hug you thus, you will end up sleeping more on than in the bed.
- An individual who wants a quality mattress but at a slightly cheaper price. When compared to Saatva, both of these mattresses are high-quality and affordable, but Leesa is slightly cheaper. So, you will end up saving some cash.
- People who are easily awakened by a slight noise at night. This mattress doesn’t produce noise as it is made of memory foam.
- If you sleep hot on all-foam mattresses, then you will love this Leesa mattress. It might be made of memory foam, but it sleeps cool.
- If you intend to support a charitable cause, then you will love Leesa as it has created a reputation of giving back and making an impact. For every 10 mattresses that Leesa sell, they donate one to a family in need.
Leesa mattress isn’t suitable for?
- Individuals that want a softer mattress that sleeps conforms very closely to the body
- People who love the feel of an innerspring mattress or want to sleep on top of the mattress and not in the mattress.
Saatva mattress is suitable for?
- A person looking for a bouncy and very responsive bed. Similar to many other innerspring mattresses, Saatva mattress offers more bounce than memory foam mattresses, and it is also very responsive.
- People who want to customize their mattresses. The Saatva Classic mattress comes in three firmness levels and two heights. Also, the brand allows the buyer to select different pillow tops for their mattress. This is not the same case with Leesa, which only has one height and firmness level.
- Individuals who sleep hot will like this mattress a lot. The mattress features two layers of innerspring and pocketed coils that make it breathable. Leesa may have a breathable layer of memory foam that allows it to regulate temperature, but it still absorbs and retains heat to some extent.
- For people looking for a longer trial period and warranty, then you will like Saatva. This is because it has a sleep trial period of 120-nights, while Leesa has a trial period of 100-nights. Also, Saatva has a 15-year warranty, while Leesa has a 10-year warranty.
Saatva isn’t suitable for?
- People looking for an affordable mattress. Even though the Saatva mattress is cheaper when compared to other hybrid mattresses, Leesa is still cheaper.
- An individual looking for a bed with average or below-average thickness, the Saatva mattress will not be appealing to them.
- People who love the feel of memory foam will not be impressed by this mattress as it has springs that prevent the mattress from hugging you as memory foam does.
Which is better? Leesa or Saatva Mattress?
After looking at these two online mattresses, it is clear that they are well-made, comfortable, and provide the best sleep experience to users. Leesa and Saatva are two popular companies with quality mattresses and have a great reputation. Depending on your needs, you will find that both Leesa and Saatva are quality mattresses that you can rely on. Our work was to help you make an informed decision by closely comparing the two and highlighting both their similarities and differences. Make the right choice, and you will always have a comfortable and sound night’s sleep!
Still, have questions after reading this Leesa Vs Saatva mattress? Comment below.