Casper and Tuft & Needle are two of the top companies in the online, direct-to-consumer mattresses being sold today. Even though Casper has a large market share when compared to T&N, the later has also grown steadily and is promoting its mattresses through marketing and advertising. Both the Casper and Tuft & Needle mattresses are made of all-foam. Read this Casper VS Tuft & Needle mattress to know more about these two brands.
Casper mattress was founded in 2014 and its flagship mattress is the Casper mattress. Besides this model, the Casper also offers Casper Essential and Casper Wave. On the other hand, the Tuft & Needle mattress was established in 2012 and its flagship mattress is the Tuft and Needle mattress. It also has another mattress model which is the Mint mattress.
Comparison Chart: Casper VS Tuft & Needle
Tuft & Needle
|Durability||7 years||7+ years|
|Trial period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Off-gassing||few days||smell dissipates quickly|
|Warranty||10-year penetrated warranty||10-year limited warranty|
If you want to find out which mattress is better than the other or how they compete against each other, read this Casper VS Tuft & Needle comparison review to the end. Discover their similarities, differences, pros, cons, and which mattress is best suited for how.
- 1 Comparison Chart: Casper VS Tuft & Needle
- 2 Features Details Casper VS Tuft & Needle Mattress
- 3 Advantages of Casper mattress
- 4 Disadvantages of Casper mattresses
- 5 Advantages of Tuft & Needle Mattress
- 6 Disadvantages of Tuft & Needle
- 7 Who should choose Casper mattress?
- 8 Who shouldn’t choose Casper mattresses?
- 9 Who should choose Tuft & Needle mattress?
- 10 Who shouldn’t choose Tuft & Needle mattresses?
- 11 Main differences
- 12 Main similarities
- 13 Which is Better? Casper or Tuft & Needle mattress?
Features Details Casper VS Tuft & Needle Mattress
Both the Casper and Tuft & Needle mattresses are well built to offer comfort and sound sleep to the user. They are also made of memory foam but they still differ slightly in their composition as we are about to find out.
The Casper mattress measures 10-inches in height and comes with 4 layers. It has a cover that is made of soft polyester blend with a zipper for easy cleaning.
The first layer is the 1.5-inch latex-like foam which makes up the comfort layer. This layer gives the mattress its bounce and it responds quickly to pressure. In addition, this layer plays a huge role in the cooling of the mattress so that the mattress doesn’t sleep hot.
The second layer is the 1.5-inch memory foam layer. This layer can be found below the comfort layer on top. This layer is important as it responds slowly to pressure, leading to deep body-contouring and pressure relief.
The third layer is the 1.5-inch transition layer with zoned support. This layer features two types of durable polyfoam. The first is the softer polyfoam located at the ends of the mattress and the second is the firmer polyfoam located in the middle of the mattress. This zoning is supposed to bring some lift to the hips and offer cushiony relief to the shoulders.
The last and final layer of the Casper mattress is the 5.0-inch base or foundation layer. This layer comprises of heavy-duty polyfoam and it gives the mattress its shape.
Tuft & Needle Construction
The Tuft & Needle mattress is 10-inches in height and has 2 layers. The mattress also features cover made of polyester. In addition, the cover is thin which is good for breathability and temperature regulation.
The first layer of the T&N is the 3-inch comfort layer. It is made of proprietary polyfoam, which has a fast response to pressure for outstanding movement and bounce. This also makes the sleeper to sleep more “on” the bed instead of “in” the bed. Besides relieving pressure, his layer has a cooling gel that allows the user to sleep cool.
The second and final layer of the T&N mattress is the 7-inch base layer made of high-density polyfoam. This is also the foundation layer and it helps to give the mattress its shape and support to the upper layer.
Both of these mattresses are made with some of the best memory foam and are very durable. Also, users of the two mattresses say that they are durable and show no sign of deteriorating any time soon. Regardless, many users say that the Tuft&Needle mattress is slightly more durable than the Casper mattress.
All-in-all, it is difficult to tell how durable these two mattresses are as they have not been in the industry for over a long period of time. When compared to similar memory foam mattresses, you should expect both of these mattresses to last for at least 7+ years when well maintained.
It is important to check the mattress firmness if you want to acquire a comfortable and pressure relieving mattress. The Casper mattress has a firmness of 5.5, which is considered to be medium firm, while the Tuft & Needle is considered to firm with a rating of 6.5 on the firmness scale of 1-10. So, if you’re a combination sleeper or side sleeper, you will find the Casper mattress to be comfortable for you, whereas back and stomach sleepers will love the T&N mattress with medium firmness.
Some people find it hard to sleep at night because of the movement caused by their partners. This movement can spoil your sleep in the middle of the night. Innerspring and hybrid mattresses are poor in isolating motion while memory foam and latex mattresses are good at limiting motion transfer.
If you get either the Casper mattress or T&N mattress, you will be glad as they are good at minimizing motion transfer. This is because they are all made of memory foam.
Are you tired of sleeping hot but love the feel of memory foam? Worry not as the Casper mattress and Tuft and Needle mattress both sleep neutral to cool. This is not usually the case with most memory foam mattresses but these ones absorb minimal body heat, which allows them to sleep fairly cool. But if you want a totally cool mattress, then you should consider getting an innerspring or hybrid mattress.
If edge support is very important to you, then these mattresses won’t deliver. Most of memory foam mattresses normally don’t have a strong support core in their edge which makes them sink and not be supportive. Also, without the reinforcement in the edges of the mattress, it will sink instead of supporting your weight. So, the more you sit on the edge of the mattress the further it will sink as time goes by.
If you want a mattress with strong edge support, then you should consider getting an innerspring or hybrid mattress with reinforced support core in the edge of the mattress.
The Casper mattress provides good conforming to your body as it hugs you and provides pressure relief. On the other hand, the T&N mattress is very good at conforming when compared to the Casper mattress. The T&N offers above-average pain and pressure relief to the user which is a great thing. This means that the mattress doesn’t sink a lot nor stay stiff to a great extent.
A good bed for sex should be bouncy enough and responsive at the same time. This is one of the reasons why some people prefer innerspring mattresses over all-foam mattresses. Innerspring and hybrid mattresses are very bouncy and responsive which makes them be ideal for sex. Unfortunately, the Casper and Tuft & Needle are made of memory foam which means that they are not very bouncy or responsive. As a result, these beds are not good for sex.
This is something that you shouldn’t be worried about as both of these mattresses are made of memory foam. Unlike innerspring and hybrid mattresses that are made with coils in their structures, memory foam mattresses are made of all-foam materials. This means that they don’t have metal components in them that make squeaky and creaky noises. As a result, they are virtually silent when weight is applied.
Typical of most memory foam mattresses, you should expect both the Casper and T&N mattress to produce some smell when they are unpacked. This smell may last for a few hours to a few days. But according to owners of these mattresses, the Casper mattress takes a little bit longer to dissipate the smell than the Tuft and Needle mattress. So, T&N smell dissipates quickly than in Casper mattress.
Buying a mattress is a huge investment and that’s why you have to get it right. But if you are not sure about the kind of mattress that you want, then you have nothing to worry about. Both Casper and T&N mattresses have a 100-night risk-free trial period. This is enough time to test the mattress and find out if it has the firmness or comfort that you need. If not, you are free to return it within 100-nights from date of purchase. This is also the standard trial period for online, direct-to-consumer mattresses.
Return and shipping
Apart from offering a 100-night free trial period, the Casper and Tuft & Needle mattresses offer their clients a full refund. This means that if you find the mattress to be uncomfortable, you can still return it and get back your money. In addition, they both offer free shipping to your doorstep.
Just like the trial period, returns, and shipping, these two mattresses also share the same warranty period as every manufacturer provides a 10-year limited non-prorated warranty. So, you can rest assured that your mattress will be covered against defects in materials and workmanship for the next 10 years.
Advantages of Casper mattress
- It is very durable
- Casper mattress is great at minimizing motion transfer
- It conforms to your body very well and reliefs pressure points
- The manufacturer offers a 100-nights risk-free trial period
- It comes with a 10-year non-prorated warranty
Disadvantages of Casper mattresses
- It has poor edge support
- It is quite expensive
Advantages of Tuft & Needle Mattress
- It is great at isolating motion
- It is ideal for back and stomach sleepers with its firmness level
- Tuft & Needle mattress is sold at a below-average price
- It sleeps neutral
- It has a 100-nights risk-free trial period
- The manufacturer offers a 10-year non-prorated warranty
Disadvantages of Tuft & Needle
- Not a good bed for sex as it is not very responsive
- The mattress edges are not very supportive
Who should choose Casper mattress?
- If you weigh 230 pounds or less, this is a good mattress for you. With a medium firm of 5.5, this is a very ideal mattress for almost all kinds of sleepers from side to back, stomach and combination sleepers.
- If your partner distracts your sleep due to their movements in bed, you will love this bed a lot. The mattress is made of memory foam which is great at minimizing motion transfer allowing you to sleep well even if your partner moves in bed.
- If you experience a lot of aches and pains, then this is a good bed for you. This bed conforms very well and it targets sensitive parts of your body such as the hip and shoulders.
- If you love the feel of memory, this is a bed that you will be comfortable sleeping on. This bed is made of all-foam and it offers great comfort.
Who shouldn’t choose Casper mattresses?
- If you’re a heavier person who weighs more than 230 pounds, you may find this mattress to be uncomfortable for you. This is because it is not very firm and may not offer you the full support that you need to sleep comfortably.
- If you’re looking for a firmer bed that conforms less to your body, look elsewhere. The Casper mattress is of medium firmness and it conforms well.
- If you want a mattress with good edge support, then look elsewhere. This mattress does not come with a supportive core in the edge, making it sink on edge when weight is applied.
Who should choose Tuft & Needle mattress?
- If you weigh 130 pounds or more, you will definitely love this mattress. Its strong construction and medium firmness will give you the support that you need.
- If you are looking for a firmer mattress that conforms to some extent, this is a great pick. The Tuft and Needle mattress is of medium firmness and conforms somehow to give you pressure relief.
- If you sleep with a partner, pet, or kid who moves a lot in bed, you will love this mattress as it has great motion isolation. This is all thanks to its all foam construction.
- If you are tight on the budget and are looking for an affordable but quality mattress, this is a good option for you. The T&N mattress is sold at a great price but it is still a very quality memory foam mattress.
Who shouldn’t choose Tuft & Needle mattresses?
- If you’re looking for a mattress that is medium or soft in firmness, this is not the mattress for you. The T&N memory foam mattress is of a medium firm and suitable for all types of sleepers.
- If you weigh less than 130 pounds, look somewhere else as this mattress won’t be comfortable for you. The mattress is very firm which you will find to be uncomfortable.
- The Tuft and Needle mattress is slightly cheaper than the Casper mattress
- The Casper mattress has a zoned construction while the T&N doesn’t have one
- Both of these mattresses have included different materials in their structure
- The Casper has a zoned construction which gives it a different feel from T&N
- The Casper mattress features more layers than the Tuft & Needle
- The Tuft and Needle mattress is slightly firmer than the Casper mattress
- Both companies provide exceptional customer support
- They are both famous mattress brands
- They come with similar base layers
- Casper and Tuft & Needle mattresses are all made of foam materials
- They are both bouncy and very responsive
- They both have poor edge support
- Both brands offer a 10-year non-prorated warranty and have a 100-nights risk free trial period
Which is Better? Casper or Tuft & Needle mattress?
After going through this Casper VS Tuft & Needle comparison review, it is clear that both of these mattresses offer exceptional features that will bring comfort to your bedroom. They also share a lot of features but still differ slightly in the end. The T&N mattress is priced lower Casper, but it still has some good features to be admired about. Therefore, it is a suitable mattress for those on a budget.
But if you’re ready to dish out some cash to get the best mattress between these two, then I would suggest you go for the Casper mattress. The zoned construction that Casper comes with makes it be a better mattress than the T&N.
Overall, these mattresses are made of memory foam, have great motion isolation, conform well, and are sold at very affordable prices. Ensure that the mattress that you select meets both your needs and budget.
Still, have questions after reading this Casper VS Tuft & Needle mattress? Comment below.