When you talk about the best mattress brands on the market, Casper is a name that you can’t go without mentioning. On the same note, Nectar is a brand that has been growing steadily, and it is also becoming popular. Casper and Nectar mattresses are some of the most notable bed-in-a-box mattresses, and they provide all-foam mattresses. But before we jump into the article, check this Nectar VS Casper Comparison table, which will help you to take a quick look at these two mattress brand’s features.
Comparison Chart: Nectar VS Casper Mattress
|Breathable comfort foam with dense memory and poly foams
|High vegetable base super core, lush foam, adaptive hi-core memory foam
|Memory foam quilted to long-staple cotton and Tencel
|Foam and coil hybrid
|Gel-infused memory foam
|100 night sleep trial
|365 night sleep trial
|Made in the USA:
|USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
|USA and USA territories
|Check Today’s Price
|Check Today’s Price
These two mattresses share a lot of features, but they also vary slightly. In terms of firmness, these two mattresses are of a medium-firm, with Nectar being firmer than a Casper mattress. This is just one of the differences, but they have a lot of similarities and differences which buyers need to identify before selecting their ideal mattress. That’s why in this comparison review, we’ve compared different features of both these mattresses from construction to temperature control and motion transfer.
The Nectar mattress is popular because of its plush, pressure-relieving memory foam, while Casper is better known for its comfort layer of specialized zoned support. These are features play a huge role in determining which mattress you pick.
Features Comparison Between Nectar and Casper Mattress
Before we review these two mattresses, you should note that our focus is on the original Casper mattress model and not the Casper wave hybrid or Casper Essential. On the other hand, we will also be talking about the original Nectar mattress and not their latest model, which is Nectar DreamCloud.
In order to know how these two mattresses compare to each other, it is good to understand how they are constructed. So let’s take a look at the nectar mattress review.
Nectar Mattress Construction
Nectar is not only a bed-in-a-box mattress, but it is also made of all-foam. This mattress has a height of 11-inches and features a cover that is constructed of plush with quilted-in 1-inch memory materials. The fabric of the cover combines Tencel fibers and long-staple cotton, which makes it be breathable and durable.
The first layer of the Nectar mattress is the proprietary lush foam, 3-inch memory materials that are made with gel to wick away heat while at the same time conforming to your body shape. The mattress comes in different sizes, such as twin xl, xl, California king, etc.
Related article: Compare Nectar with a DreamCloud mattress.
The second layer measures 1.5-inches, and it is made up of Adaptive HI Core memory foam that helps to adjust from comfort to support.
And the third and last layer is the base layer which provides support to the whole mattress. The layer measures 5.5-inches of the high vegetable base super core. This layer of layers of memory foam helps your body to be aligned and level.
Check Today’s Price
Casper Mattress Construction
To begin with, this mattress has a top layer that is bouncy and very responsive. It is a 1.5-inch proprietary form and helps to make the bed easy to change positions on at night. In addition, the layer is breathable, which helps to prevent it from overheating.
The second layer is made up of a 1.5-inch memory foam material that is slightly firmer. This layer is great at proving contour to your body, but it is placed deep into the mattress to avoid trapping heat.
The third layer is Casper’s zoned support that provides additional firmness under the hips and softer materials under the shoulders and legs. The 1.5inch layer offers exceptional support so that your body can be level all night long.
The base and final layer of the Casper mattress is the dense polyfoam layer, and it measures 7-inches in height. This layer gives the mattress its support system and a firmer foundation or base.
Check Today’s Price
One of the first features that you should consider looking for in a mattress is its firmness. This is because the firmness determines whether the mattress you’re acquiring will be comfortable to sleep on or not. The firmness of any mattress is determined using a scale of 1-10. Most of the Firm mattresses on the market fall between 4 and 7 firmness, with 5 and 6 ratings being the most preferred firmness.
The Nectar and Casper mattresses are both considered to be of medium firmness as they fall between 6 and 7. Nectar is considered to be firmer than Casper, but Casper is suitable for all kinds of sleeping positions. So, if you’re looking for a softer mattress with a rating of lower than 5, then you should look elsewhere. The Casper mattress has a firmness rating of around 6, while Nectar has a rating of around 6 or 6.5.
If you’ve shared a mattress before, then you know how important motion isolation is. Some people turn in bed a lot and can disturb your night’s sleep. To avoid this and sleep soundly, you need to purchase a mattress that has the ability to isolate motion, such as Nectar and Casper mattresses.
The Nectar mattress does a better job of isolating motion than the Casper mattress. This comes with two layers of memory foam, while the Casper mattress has contouring properties that isolate motion. So, if your couple moves a lot at night, you should choose the Nectar mattress for a good night’s sleep.
Some people go for mattresses with innerspring and coils because they do not overheat, as it’s normally the case with foam mattresses. Though not all types of foam accumulate heat, most of them do. The most popular foam for accumulating heat is memory foam. Airflow is needed around the body in order to cool it down. But if an individual sinks too deep into the mattress, then that airflow may be disrupted.
Comparing the Nectar mattress and Casper mattress, Casper has an edge in this area. This is because the Casper mattress comes with open-cell polyfoam in the top layer, and it does not trap heat in a similar way that memory foam does. Additionally, the Casper mattress does not allow one to sink deep as this is one of the causes of airflow problems. On the other hand, the Nectar mattress is made up of gel-infused memory foam, which does a great job of preventing heat retention. But users say that the Casper mattress is more effective than Nectar in this category.
Resilience and bounce
Resilience is how slowly or fast the mattress takes its original shape after moving from it. A low-resilience mattress slowly retakes its original shape, while a high-resilience mattress quickly takes its original shape. Since a high-resilience mattress takes back its shape quickly, this can give it a feeling of bounce. A good number of sleepers prefer a mattress with a good bounce as it makes it easier to move or adjust positions on the bed.
The Casper mattress offers more resilience, and it has a greater bounce than the Nectar mattress. This is because of its specialty polyfoam used in its comfort layer. Nectar is made up of memory foam which has a low-resilience. Thus it is not very bouncy.
Always select a mattress that is responsive as it helps to accommodate the different parts of your body that need support, such as hips and shoulders. The good news is that both the Casper and Nectar are above average when it comes to responsiveness. Both of these mattresses feature two layers of foam at the top to enable the mattress to contour to your body effectively.
If you must choose the mattress with the better responsiveness between these two, then the Casper mattress is an ideal product to choose from. This is because the Nectar mattress has slightly more sink, while the Casper provides sufficient responsiveness for most sleepers. But for those who weigh more than 200 pounds, they will find Nectar to be more comfortable.
This is one of those features that these two mattresses aren’t good at. The Casper and Nectar mattresses don’t have strong edge support. Thus if you’re a person who likes to sit or sleep on the edge of the mattress, then you should consider a hybrid mattress like Brooklyn that will sustain strong edge support.
Off-gassing and smell
This shouldn’t be a surprise as all foam mattresses have a smell when they are still new and have just been unpacked. However, the smell shouldn’t last for long, especially if you have proper ventilation and the climate is favorable. The smell should disappear within 3 days or a few weeks.
If you’ve got a partner and are looking for the perfect bed for two, then you should consider choosing Casper Original mattress over Nectar. This is because the Casper has more resilience and a greater bounce than Nectar. But if your partner turns a lot in bed, then you should go with Nectar as it is good at isolating motion.
Both of these beds have a good amount of sinkage. Though, if you take a closer look at them, you will find that Casper’s proprietary foam does position the sleeper more on top of the bed than in it. On the other hand, Nectar’s thick layers of memory foam produce more of a hug feeling.
Now the question is Casper Vs. Nectar mattress: which one is budget-friendly? Like the nectar, the price of the Casper mattress is quite the same. Even though these two mattresses come with similar prices, the Casper mattress is slightly costly. Also, Nectar offers a lot of coupons, even though Casper does so. The Nectar mattress is still new, while Casper has been in the industry for a while. Both brands offer white glove delivery.
Free night trial and return
The Casper and Nectar mattresses come with a 100-night sleep trial. On the other hand, the Nectar mattress comes with a 365-night risk-free trial, and it is one of the best trial periods on the market. At the same time, the Casper mattress comes with 100-night free-trials, which is short when compared to that of Nectar.
Warranty and shipping
When you buy your mattress from one of these brands, you can be certain that you will get a good cover as Casper offers a 10-year limited warranty while Nectar offers a forever warranty. These are some of the best warranties in the market.
Nectar and Casper Major similarities
- Both of these mattresses are bed-in-a-box mattresses.
- The brands don’t charge their clients for shipment as it’s free.
- They are all-foam mattresses but with different types of foams.
- The Nectar and Casper mattresses may have differing construction, but they both offer pressure relief.
Casper and Nectar Major differences
- The Casper mattress has more bounce than the Nectar mattress.
- The Nectar mattress has a long night sleep trial period of 365 days compared to Casper’s 100-night trial.
- Casper mattress is suitable for all types of sleepers, while the Nectar mattress is great for side sleepers.
Who is the Nectar mattress made for?
- If you’re looking for a mattress with a deeper hug that doesn’t make you feel trapped, then you will find this mattress to be fine. Thanks to its modernized features such as cooling technology and responsive layers that prevent you from overheating or feeling stuck.
- This is also a great mattress for pressure relief. The mattress comes with a slower-responding memory foam feel that contours to the curves of your shoulders and hips. Side sleepers will be more comfortable with this feature.
- For those on a budget, you will find that this product comes with outstanding features, but it is still affordable than the Casper mattress.
- If you want enough time to try out your new mattress, then Nectar will be the ideal mattress for you. The manufacturer offers a 365 nights free-trial compared to a 100-night free-trial offered by the Casper mattress.
- If you sleep hot, you will also find this mattress to be excellent. It comes with different cooling technologies such as gel memory foam that keeps most sleepers cool and comfortable throughout the whole night.
Who shouldn’t choose the Nectar mattress?
- If you love soft mattresses, then you will find the Nectar mattress to be uncomfortable. This is because it is of medium firmness.
- If you don’t like the feel of a memory foam mattress, then this is not the mattress for you.
- If you are used to innerspring mattresses like Winkbeds, then you should also look away.
Who is Casper mattress made for?
- If you sleep in different positions, you will definitely like this mattress. This mattress is extremely versatile as it has supportive features that combine with the responsive comfort materials and medium-firm feel to support different kinds of sleepers.
- If you’re looking for a good mattress for a healthy spinal alignment, the Casper mattress should be on top of your priorities. The upgraded zoned support offers great spine alignment. So the Casper mattress is a smart option for both back and stomach sleepers who aren’t obese.
- Another group of people who will love this mattress is those who love sleeping on the mattress instead of in it.
- This is a good bed for couples has because it provides a nice bounce. This is because of its latex layer on top of the mattress.
Who shouldn’t choose the Casper mattress?
- If you weigh more than 230lbs, you should also look away as it is ideal for people who weigh 230 lbs or less. So, if you are not a lightweight sleeper, we would recommend you to purchase a Helix mattress or a Dreamfoam mattress.
- If you love sitting or sleeping on the edge of the mattress, then Casper is not the mattress for you. Without edge-support sleepers who sleeps in marginal portion might roll off the bed. So, if you are an edge sleeper, Brooklyn Bedding Mattress would be an ideal option for you.
I have explained everything that you should know in this Nectar VS Casper article. The Casper and Nectar mattresses are made almost in the same way. They feature 4 foam layers, great contouring without a lot of sinkages, and a medium-firm feel. However, they also have a lot of differences that are important to consider when deciding which mattress to choose from. For instance, the Nectar mattress is firmer than Casper and has longer night trials than the Casper mattress. Alternatively, the Casper mattress has a better bounce making it a perfect mattress for couples and for different sleepers.
For those looking for a true memory foam mattress, then Nectar will be their greatest option as it easily contours to the body and offers pressure relief. But if you want a responsive mattress, Casper will be the best option for you. We can go back and forth on the different features of these two mattresses but what stands out is that they are both built to offer comfort, durability, and support. Therefore, whatever mattress that you pick, you will have a cool and sound sleep the whole night.
I hope you make a good choice by selecting a mattress that meets your needs and demands after reading our detailed review. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question below, and we will answer you ASAP!
Still, have a question after reading this Nectar VS Casper comparison? Comment below!