Amerisleep and Casper are two popular mattresses on the market with different models on their belt. If you are torn between these mattresses, this guide will help you make an informed choice in the end. Read this Amerisleep VS Casper mattress comparison to know more about these two brands.
Amerisleep is the older brand as it was incepted in 2007, while Casper was started in 2014. However, Casper has become very popular and it is one of the most sought after memory foam mattresses. The Casper original is a memory foam mattress with a medium-firm feel. It is great for people who want a mattress that conforms and offers pressure relieve. The Amerisleep mattress has the AS3 mattress, also formerly referred to as Amerisleep Liberty as its flagship mattress. This mattress is made of memory foam just like Casper but it also comes with a celliant cover.
Apart from the popular Casper and Amerisleep AS3 mattresses, both of these mattresses have other models on offer. Casper also sells Casper Essential, Casper Wave, Casper Hybrid, and Casper Wave Hybrid. Amerisleep offers the AS1(7.5), AS2(6.5), AS4(4.5), and AS5(3.5). Every Amerisleep mattress model has its firmness rating with the AS3 being rated as 5.5.
Comparison Chart: Amerisleep VS Casper Mattress
|Materials||100% petroleum-based foams, high-density memory foam, and poly foams||polyfoam, memory foam, blended latex, cotton blend, 100% polyester, polyester blend, knit fabric, wool, polyester, HD polyfoam, pocketed coils, transitional polyfoam, and gel-infused transitional HR polyfoam.|
|Height||6 to 9-inches||11 inches|
|Certifications||Certi-PUR US and OEKO-TEX||A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)|
|Trial period||30 nights||100 nights|
|Off-gassing||lasts for only a few days||takes more time|
|Thickness||3-inch of Bio-Pur foam, 2-inch affinity layer, and a 7-inch bio-core layer||9.5-inch|
|Warranty||20 year limited warranty||10 year limited warranty|
These two mattresses are very confusing as they’ve got similar features but they still differ in many ways. Let’s look at both of their similarities and differences so that you can have an easy time deciding.
Amerisleep VS Casper Mattress Features Comparison
- 1 Comparison Chart: Amerisleep VS Casper Mattress
- 2 Amerisleep VS Casper Mattress Features Comparison
- 3 Amerisleep AS3 is for you if:
- 4 Amerisleep AS3 is not for you if:
- 5 Casper is for you if:
- 6 Casper is not for you if:
- 7 Which is better? Amerisleep or Casper Mattress?
Before you make a decision on whether to buy Amerisleep AS3 or Casper mattress, you should find out how they are constructed. Both of them feature foam but they vary in height and thickness.
Amerisleep AS3 features Bio-Pur memory foam, affinity transition poly foam, and Bio-core support foam. These materials provide a healthy and cool sleeping environment.
To start with, it has a cover infused with celliant that is clinically proven to help people with pain recover quickly. The mattress also helps the user to fall asleep 15-minutes quicker than other all-foam mattresses on the market. Another vital layer is the 3-inch of Bio-Pur foam. This layer is made of memory foam and it conforms to your body while allowing you to cool down at the same time. The layer is also eco-friendly as it is made of plant-based materials.
Other layers include the 2-inch affinity layer and a 7-inch bio-core layer. The Affinity layer acts as the transitional layer between the other layers and it provides support and makes the mattress responsive. Last but not least, there is the 7-inch bio-core layer. This is the layer that supports other layers on top and makes the mattress durable. Additionally, it helps to keep your shoulders and helps in their natural position.
The Casper mattress is 9.5-inches in thickness and comes with 3 comfort layers. The layers include top and bottom polyfoam layers with a middle memory foam layer.
The cover of the Casper mattress is made of polyester and spandex materials. It makes the mattress breathable and comfortable at the same time. The top and bottom layers offer close body-conforming and give the mattress its medium-firm feel. The base layer is made of high-density polyfoam and supports the top layers. It also gives the mattress its shape and makes it withstand the weight.
When compared to the Amerisleep mattress, the Casper original mattress is very light and easy to move or change on the bed.
Considering that both of these mattresses are made of all-foam, it is easier for a person to think that they have the same durability. No, this is not the case as some users prefer the Amerisleep over the Casper mattress.
Casper mattress may hold up well according to various users, but it is very early to come up with a conclusion concerning the durability of this mattress since it has been in the industry for less than 10-years. However, it should offer good use for more than 6 years.
On the other hand, Amerisleep has been in existence for more than 10-years and it is easier to determine their durability. Many users of Amerisleep say that the mattress doesn’t hold up very well and they degrade quicker. So, you should get at least 7 years of good use which is on ace with other quality memory foam mattresses.
This is one of the features that the Amerisleep AS3 and Casper original share. Both of these mattresses have a medium-firm that is rated as 5.5 on the firmness scale of 1 to 10. This means that both of the mattresses can be utilized by different sleepers as they are neither firm nor very soft.
Also, both Amerisleep and Casper have other models that users can pick from to meet their sleeping demands. For instance, Amerisleep has 5 different models while Casper has 4 models to pick from.
Finding a breathable all-foam mattress is not easy as most of them sleep hot. Amerisleep and Casper are some of the most breathable all-foam mattresses on the market. However, Amerisleep sleeps cooler than Casper as it features a cover that is blended with celliant. Many users say that Amerisleep is way cooler than many memory foam mattresses that they’ve used in the past.
All-in-all, these two mattresses are made to sleep cool as the Amerisleep comes with the celliant cover while Casper has a thin cover that is breathable and comfortable for easy circulation of air.
This is a very important factor, more so for partners who are distracted in bed by their mates. A mattress with poor motion isolation can be a nightmare as a slight movement by your partner may end up waking you up.
With the Amerisleep AS3 and Casper original, you won’t face such challenges. This is because these mattresses are made of all-foam, which is good at absorbing movement. According to owners of these mattresses, they say that both of them provide great motion isolation making the bed suitable for partners.
Besides absorbing significant motion, these two mattresses are also good at conforming to the user’s body. This is because they are both made of all-foam materials. The Amerisleep mattress features memory foam while Casper comprises memory foam and polyfoam materials. As a result, Amerisleep offers more conforming than Casper.
If you want a mattress that offers greater pressure relief, then Amerisleep will be the better mattress. This is due to the unique celliant cover that it has and the memory foam layers. Casper has polyfoam on top and high-density polyfoam at the base which is not very good at conforming when compared to memory foam.
Even though Amerisleep is made up of memory foam, it has polyfoam in its edge support which makes it stronger than most all-foam mattresses. This is not the same case with the Casper mattress as it doesn’t come with any support in its edges. Therefore, it won’t be able to support your weight and it will tend to sink after a few years of use. For the Amerisleep AS3 mattress, users have recommended it and they say that it provides good edge support when compared to other foam mattresses.
One of the features that these mattresses lack is the bounciness and responsiveness of innerspring mattresses. This is a huge challenge if you want a good mattress for sex. At the same time, this doesn’t mean that this is not a good mattress for the bed.
Like many other all-foam mattresses, the Amerisleep AS3 and Casper original won’t give you a bouncy or responsive surface. So, if you’re a couple looking for a bed that is very responsive and easy to change position on, then you will have to look elsewhere.
This is one of the most exceptional features of these two mattresses. If you’re a person who doesn’t like disturbance while sleeping or even changing position on your bed, then you will love both the Amerisleep and Casper mattresses. This is because both of these mattresses are virtually silent when you sit or sleep on them. With no coils or springs in their structure, memory foam alone can’t produce noise.
If you decide to purchase all-foam mattresses, this is something that you should be ready for. It is normal for memory foam mattresses to produce gas or odor when they are still new. But this is something that lasts for some days and it will be gone. Both the AS3 and Casper mattresses produce gas for a few days when they are unpackaged. Amerisleep users say that the gas lasts for only a few days before disappearing completely. Casper takes slightly more time but it also dissipates quickly.
This is another feature that both the Amerisleep and Casper mattress share. Casper offers a 100-nights free trial period, and so does Amerisleep. Within this period, the buyer is free to try out the mattress and return it if they feel it is not offering the support and comfort that they were looking for.
However, the policy defers as Amerisleep requires the buyer to break-in for 30-nights before thinking of returning, while Casper doesn’t require buyers to break-in period for a full refund.
Returns and shipping
When it comes to returns, Amerisleep requires their clients to break-in for 30-nights before receiving a full refund in case they decide to return the mattress. Also, Amerisleep offers a full refund without charging their clients a single penny. This includes transportation and shipping.
On the other hand, Casper also offers a full refund to the client. This includes transportation and shipping. However, mattresses bought outside the Casper online store such as on Amazon ad other brick-and-mortar stores will incur some additional charges if they ask for a full refund.
Note that free shipping is offered for the US and not other areas.
The Casper mattress is cheaper than the Amerisleep mattress. This does not only apply to the flagships mattresses alone but as well as the other mattresses, too. As a matter of fact, Casper original is cheaper than the cheapest Amerisleep mattress.
Casper offers its clients with a 10-year warranty while Amerisleep offers a 20-year warranty. Casper’s warranty is totally non-prorated but it can become void if a sturdy foundation is not applied. For Amerisleep, it has a partially non-prorated warranty that lasts for the first 10 years and a prorated warranty that lasts from year 11 to 20.
Amerisleep AS3 is for you if:
- You want a mattress that conforms well and is great for pain relief. The Amerisleep mattress features a celliant cover that helps users to recover through a technology that changes your body heat into infrared light.
- You sleep on the back, stomach, side or combination sleeper. Since this mattress is of a medium-firm rating, all types of sleepers will have an easy time with it as it is neither firm nor plush but in the middle.
- You’re a side sleeper but want to relieve pressure on your spine. Since it is made with all-foam materials, this mattress will conform to your body and relieve the pressure that you undergo while sleeping on firmer mattresses.
- You sleep hot on all-foam mattresses. Made of all-foam with a celliant cover, this mattress offers the same conforming and motion isolation abilities like foam mattresses but it still cool because of its excellent cover.
- You want a mattress with a better warranty than Casper. The manufacturer offers a 15-year warranty which is better than that Casper’s 10-year warranty.
Amerisleep AS3 is not for you if:
- You want a mattress with a low profile. The Amerisleep mattress is a high-profile mattress as it made of great thickness and height, unlike Casper.
- You want a very responsive bed for sex. This bed is not responsive enough to be good for sex or people who want a bouncy bed.
- You want to save some cash, this mattress is slightly expensive than the Casper. So, you should think twice before acquiring.
Casper is for you if:
- You have a partner who changes a lot in bed causing a lot of distraction. The AS3 is good at isolating motion thus you will not be distracted from your sleep in the middle of the night by your constantly changing partner.
- You experience pain and aches in your back, joints, and shoulder area. Casper is a good mattress as it will conform very well to your body and offer relief to the lower back and other sensitive areas of your body.
- You are on a budget and want a less expensive mattress. These two mattresses may seem similar but Casper is cheaper than even the cheapest Amerisleep mattress model. So, if you want to save some cash but still get a quality mattress, then you will love Casper.
- You want a very popular brand with a good reputation. Even though Casper has been in the market for less than 10 years, it is one of the most popular mattress brands on the market. This is also a very good brand and they have good services.
- You prefer a mattress with a more responsive and bouncy feel, then you will love Casper mattress. Despite being made of all-foam, this mattress is very responsive and great for partners as well.
- You want a mattress that is not noisy. The Casper mattress bears weight without making noise and it is good for couples who love a very serene environment.
Casper is not for you if:
- You love a pure memory foam feel. This mattress is made of a mix of memory and polyfoam in its structure. It has two polyfoam layers and memory foam in the middle. It gives the user more of a neutral feel than a memory feel.
- You love high-profile beds and not low profile beds. This mattress has a height of 9.5-inches, which may seem small to some people. If that’s the case, then you find Amerisleep AS3 to be more interesting.
Which is better? Amerisleep or Casper Mattress?
Now that you’ve read through our detailed guide, hope we’ve made your work easier and you’ve decided on the mattress that you will pick. Both of these brands are very reliable with quality mattresses. They also offer a 100-nights free trial period and conform to your body perfectly in order to relieve pain and aches.
Make sure that you select a mattress that meets your needs and is within your budget. If you’re on a tight budget but want a quality mattress with great features, then go for Casper. But if you’re willing to spend more to get a mattress with better breathability and a better warranty, then Amerisleep will be a great fit for you.
Still, have questions after reading this Amerisleep VS Casper mattress? Comment below.