DreamCloud and Purple are two unique online mattresses. But which one should you select over the other? Even though these mattresses are different in their composition, it is still worthwhile to compare them and help you select a mattress that not only offers you comfort but also relieves aches and pains in sensitive parts of your body. Read this Dreamcloud VS Purple comparison to know more about these mattress brands.
DreamCloud mattress comes in only one luxury thick option, while Purple offers a unique mattress that has never been seen before. DreamCloud was started in 2018 and its flagship mattress is the DreamCloud Luxury hybrid mattress, while the Purple mattress was founded in 2015 but they also have a new model which is the New Purple mattress.
Both the DreamCloud and Purple mattresses have a firmness rating of 6.5, which is considered to be medium firm. Also, the DreamCloud mattress is thicker than Purple, but Purple mattress has multiple thickness options.
Comparison Chart: Dreamcloud VS Purple
|Durability||7-8 years||6 years|
|Trial period||365 nights||100 nights|
|Off-gassing||24 hours||1-2 days|
|Conforming||doesn’t conform||conforms very closely|
|Warranty||Lifetime warranty||10-year warranty|
If you want to try out both mattresses, you’re free to do so as both come with free trial periods and shipping. They are also covered with great warranties which you will find out as you read our detailed Dreamcloud VS Purple review.
Features Details of the Dreamcloud VS Purple Mattress
- 1 Comparison Chart: Dreamcloud VS Purple
- 2 Features Details of the Dreamcloud VS Purple Mattress
- 3 Advantages of DreamCloud
- 4 Disadvantages of DreamCloud
- 5 Advantages of Purple
- 6 Disadvantages of Purple
- 7 Who should choose DreamCloud?
- 8 Who shouldn’t choose Dreamcloud?
- 9 Who should choose Purple?
- 10 Who shouldn’t choose Purple?
- 11 Main differences between Dreamcloud and Purple Mattress
- 12 Main similarities between Purple and Dreamcloud
- 13 Which is better? Dreamcloud or Purple Mattress?
The DreamCloud is made of various thin layers which are 8 in total and 15-inches in thickness. These layers have different levels of softness, thickness, and texture. The cover is TrueTufted cashmere with a Eurotop feel and has hand-sewn tufts.
The first layer is 0.39-inches of gel-infused memory foam. This is a breathable layer that allows air to move freely and prevent heat from being trapped. The second layer is 1.77-inches and it features two layers of quilted memory foam totaling. It is then followed by a thin layer of natural latex, which great at making the mattress be bouncy and responsive.
Another important layer of the DreamCloud mattress is the supporting memory foam which measures 2-inches. This is also the Dreamplush layer and it is great for comfort. The next layer is a thin layer of 0.59-inches of super dense and super soft memory foam. This layer lies on top of the spring layer.
The second last and thickest layer of the mattress measures 8-inches and it is made of coils. It has individually pocketed coils in two levels of resistance placed in five comfort areas to ensure the ideal type of support in different parts of the body. And finally on the bottom is the base layer that measures 1.6-inches. This layer is made of high-density, super soft memory foam that gives the mattress its shape and supports the upper layers.
Unlike DreamCloud mattress, Purple mattress is not very thick and has a mattress model that is as thick as 9.5-inches. As a matter of fact, Purple mattress has only 3 layers when compared to DreamCloud’s 8 layers. The spring model swaps out a dense foam base for coils squeezed between thinner layers of foam.
The Purple cover is made of viscose, polyester, and polyester-lycra materials, which are breathable. It is followed by the first layer which is a hyper-elastic polymer and measures 2-inches. This layer is unique in that it gives the mattress its bounciness, coolness, and allows it to relieve pressure to sensitive parts of the body.
The second layer is 3.5-inches of dense polyurethane foam. This layer makes the mattress to be comfortable. The final layer is the base layer which measures 4-inches in thickness and it is made of dense polyurethane foam. This layer gives the mattress its shape and it also supports the top layers.
Between the DreamCloud and Purple mattress, many owners suggest that the DreamCloud mattress is more durable than the Purple mattress. This is true as the DreamCloud hybrid mattress features high-density foams that should last for more than 8 years. On the other hand, the Purple mattress comprises a polymer-based buckling-column gel layer, which is also durable. But since the Purple mattress has been in the market for less than 10 years, it is very difficult to rate it right now. Though, it should last for at least 6 years or more.
This is one of the features that both mattresses share. The DreamCloud and Purple mattress have a firmness rating of 6.5 from the firmness scale of 1-10. This means that both of these mattresses have medium firmness. This is good for all types of sleepers but more ideal for stomach and back sleepers. But if you are heavy or light, you won’t love any of these mattresses. You should weigh between 130 pounds and 250 pounds if you want to have good comfort and sleep cool.
Both of these mattresses are good at isolating motion but Purple mattress does a better job of preventing motion transfer. This is because it has all-foam which is great at absorbing motion better than DreamCloud, on the other hand, DreamCloud has coils in its support base which prevents it from greatly isolating motion.
If you want a mattress that conforms very closely, go for Purple mattress and if you don’t want a mattress that conforms closely, then you should choose the DreamCloud mattress. The feel of DreamCloud’s mattress doesn’t conform to the body to a great extent but the Purple mattress conforms very closely. The Purple mattress not only conforms closely to your body but as well offers improved spinal alignment and pressure relief to sensitive parts of the body.
Sleeping cool is very important if you want to have a good night’s sleep. Not all mattresses sleep cool and checking if the mattress has special layers or technology that keeps it cool before buying is vital. The DreamCloud and Purple mattresses both sleep cool, which is a good thing. The DreamCloud has coils in its base layer which allows free circulation of air. On the other hand, the Purple mattress sleeps neutral as it has breathable layers that don’t retain a lot of heat.
This is another function where these two mattresses are lacking. The DreamCloud owners have complained that it has weaker edge support as the perimeter is not reinforced. This is the same case with the Purple mattress as users say it sinks when you sit on the edge. If you want a mattress that supports the edge, then you should consider getting the New Purple mattress as it comes with a reinforced perimeter.
This may come as a surprise but both of these mattresses are virtually silent when weight is placed on them. The DreamCloud has coils in its base which means that it may make some noise when it gets older but users say that it is very silent. The Purple mattress is also very silent and many users are basically pleased with its performance. With DreamCloud, you may hear some squeaks and creaks but to a very lesser extent.
Before you purchase a mattress, you should identify where it is bouncy or not. This is important, especially if you are looking for a good mattress for sex. The DreamCloud mattress has a bouncy surface and it is very responsive. This is because it has coils in its base layer which makes it be bouncy and good for sex. Whereas the Purple mattress is not very bouncy or responsive as it is made of all-foam.
Off-gassing is something that you should be accustomed to, especially if you love memory foam mattresses. According to different users, both of these mattresses produce some off-gassing but it disappears after one or two days. DreamCloud customers say that the smell is not very strong and it disappears after24 hours, while Purple client’s say that the smell dissipates after one or two days.
It is difficult to compare these two mattresses as the Purple mattress is slightly costly than the DreamCloud mattress with the exception of the original Purple mattress. So, if you are looking for the cheaper mattress, then you should choose DreamCloud. Note that the price varies according to the size and thickness that you’re picking. For DreamCloud, it only has one thickness so you only have to select the right size.
If you are new to online, direct-to-consumer mattresses and want to have enough time to try out the mattresses, then you are in the right place. These two models have an outstanding trial period of 365-nights and 100-nights. The DreamCloud has one of the best trial periods of 365-nights risk-free and the Purple has 100-nights risk-free period. When you choose DreamCloud, you will one full year to find out if it is the ideal mattress for you or not.
Returns and shipping
The good news is that both of these mattresses offer buyers free shipping within the contiguous states. So, you don’t have to worry about the transportation cost as it is delivered for free to your doorstep. In addition, they both offer a full refund when you return the mattress and the shipping is free. The Purple mattress also offers free white glove delivery while DreamCloud charges a small fee. All you have to do to get a refund is to call the company o pick up the mattress.
Again, DreamCloud beats Purple on this one as it offers an exceptional Everlong limited warranty. On the other hand, The Purple mattress provides a 10-year warranty, which is the industry standard. Ensure that the mattress is kept in the best condition and you shouldn’t violate the warranty terms if you want to get repair or replacement.
Advantages of DreamCloud
- It is lightweight and simple to move
- It is well-built but very affordable
- Free shipping within the contiguous 48 states
- It comes with a 365-nights free trial period
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty
Disadvantages of DreamCloud
- The firm feel is not suitable for lighter sleepers
- It has a limited thickness
- It has a weak edge support
Advantages of Purple
- It has multiple thicknesses and firmness options
- It is very cool
- Purple mattress conforms very well reducing aches and pains for pressure relief
- It has two models on offer the Purple and New Purple mattress
- It has outstanding motion isolation
- They offer free deliveries within the contiguous states
- It comes with a 100-night free trial period
- The company offers a 10-year warranty
Disadvantages of Purple
- The New Purple mattress is slightly expensive
- It is quite heavy and difficult to move
- It has a low profile which may cause moving out of bed to be somehow difficult
Who should choose DreamCloud?
- This is a great mattress for you, If you want a quality hybrid mattress at an excellent price. It is very comfortable and not as expensive as other hybrid mattresses.
- If you want a pressure relieving mattress that will alleviate aches and pains in the back, hip, and shoulder, this is a nice mattress for you. It will give you lasting support and you won’t experience a lot of pain when you wake up.
- If you want a mattress that you sleep more on than in it, then you will love this mattress. A hybrid mattress won’t hug or sink like a memory foam mattress.
- You will like the DreamCloud mattress a lot, If you want a mattress with a long trial period. It has a 365-night free trial period which is one of the longest on the market.
Who shouldn’t choose Dreamcloud?
- If you want a mattress with stronger edge support, this is not the mattress for you as many owners have complained that it doesn’t have a reinforced perimeter.
- If you weigh more than 250 pounds, then this is not the mattress for you. This mattress is great for people who weigh more than 150 pounds.
Who should choose Purple?
- This is the best mattress for you, If you are a combination sleeper and want a mattress that is slightly firm. It is also great for side, back, and stomach sleepers as well.
- If you haven’t found the right comfort in innerspring and memory foam mattresses, you will love the comfort that Purple mattress offers.
- If you sleep with a partner who moves in bed a lot, this mattress works great at minimizing motion.
- This is a nice mattress for you, If you sleep hot and want a mattress that sleeps cool. It has layers that don’t trap heat allowing it to cool.
- If you want a mattress that conforms and relieves pressure points like the hips and shoulders, this is a good mattress for you.
- If you want a mattress with good edge support, then the Purple mattress has reinforced perimeter that provides the support needed at the edges of the mattress.
Who shouldn’t choose Purple?
- If you’re a heavier sleeper, you won’t love this mattress as it won’t give you the strong support that you’re looking for.
- If you love the feel of memory foam mattress, then you won’t like this mattress.
- This Purple model isn’t for you, If you like the feel of an innerspring mattress.
Main differences between Dreamcloud and Purple Mattress
- The Purple has multiple firmness options when compared to DreamCloud
- DreamCloud has a more traditional spring feel while Purple has a combination of both memory foam feel and latex-like feel.
- Purple has a unique material that makes it be bouncy and soft
- DreamCloud has only one spring mattress while Purple has both all-foam and spring mattress
- DreamCloud has a thicker mattress of 15-inches while Purple has a thin and slightly thicker mattresses
- Purple has a 100-night free trial period While DreamCloud has an outstanding 365-nights free trial.
- DreamCloud comes with a lifetime warranty while Purple has a 10-year warranty
Main similarities between Purple and Dreamcloud
- Both of these mattresses are very firm
- They are bouncy
- The companies offer free shipping
- Both of them are made with materials that allow the owner to sleep cool
Which is better? Dreamcloud or Purple Mattress?
The DreamCloud and Purple mattresses have a lot of similarities but they also differ in several ways. With this in mind, the final decision lies with you. Both the DreamCloud and Purple mattresses are firm, bouncy, sleep cool, and ship for free. However, they also differ in materials used to construct them. The Purple mattress has multiple firmness levels with a mix of memory foam and latex-like feel. On the other hand, the DreamCloud is cheaper and thicker than the Purple mattress.
Head-to-head, these two mattresses are amazing and should offer you comfort and relieve pressure points. Make the right choice for your needs and budget.
Still, have questions after reading this Dreamcloud VS Purple mattress? Comment below.