Our comparison of the best online mattresses continues today with the Loom & Leaf and Saatva mattress brands. These are two different brands from the same company (Saatva). But which one is better? Read this Loom and leaf VS Saatva mattress to know more about these two brands.
The Loom & Leaf mattress is a sister company to Saatva mattress. The mattress is 12-inches thick and is made of memory foam. The L&L helps to relieve pressure points and properly cradle the spine. It has a medium-firm and firm option that makes it ideal for different types of sleepers. If you love the feel of a memory foam mattress and a mattress that conforms to your body without feeling stuck, then the Loom and Leaf is a good mattress for you.
Comparison Chart: Loom and Leaf VS Saatva Mattress
Loom and Leaf
|Height||12”||11.5” or 14.5”|
|Materials||Memory foam and cooling gel||Memory foam and coils|
|Firmness||Medium or firm||Soft, medium, or firm|
|Motion transfer||Very minimal||Slightly|
|Trial period||120 days||120 days|
|Warranty||15 years||15 years|
|Models||Twin XL, Twin, King, split king, Queen, California King.||Saatva Classic, Twin, King, California King, Queen|
The Saatva mattress has gone through a lot of changes with its mattresses. As a matter of fact, their original Saatva mattress is one of the best Box in bed mattresses for people searching for a traditional innerspring mattress feel. Both the Saatva firm and medium-firm mattresses are great for people who want a conforming bed but one that doesn’t feel stuck when you are getting from it.
As you will later find out in this Saatva vs Loom and Leaf review, these two mattresses have a lot of similarities, but they also differ in many ways. For instance, the Loom & Leaf is not compressed and shipped in a box, but the Saatva is. Also, the Saatva mattress is very bouncy while the L&L is not.
To know which mattress is best for your sleeping position, continue reading this review to the end.
Features Comparison Loom and Leaf VS Saatva 2021
- 1 Comparison Chart: Loom and Leaf VS Saatva Mattress
- 2 Features Comparison Loom and Leaf VS Saatva 2021
- 3 Advantages of Loom and Leaf Mattress
- 4 Disadvantages of Loom and Leaf
- 5 Advantages of Saatva Mattress
- 6 Disadvantages of Saatva
- 7 Who should choose Loom and Leaf?
- 8 Who shouldn’t choose Loom and Leaf?
- 9 Who should choose Saatva?
- 10 Who shouldn’t choose Saatva?
- 11 Which is better? Loom and Leaf or Saatva Mattress?
The materials, layers, and construction of the mattress play a huge part in the comfort, functionality, balance, and cooling of the units. But which materials are the Saatva and Loom Leaf made of? Let’s find out.
Loom and Leaf construction
The Loom and Leaf mattress comes in a 12-inches construction, and it is made up of 4 layers. These are as follows:
The uppermost layer is the gel foam, and it measures 2-inches in thickness. This layer brings about cooling and comfort. Additionally, it conforms perfectly to your body for pressure relief. Another function of this layer is to dissipate the heat from the surface of the bed.
Related article: Constructional comparison between Amerisleep vs Loom and Leaf
The second layer is the 2.5-inch memory foam layer. This is memory foam that is made of visco-elastic material. The layer is designed to work as the core of the mattress, and its major purpose is to offer the right contouring support to the sleeper’s body.
The next layer is the 2-inch transitional layer. This layer is made of support foams, and it works as a transitional layer. The layer allows the comfort layers to transition well with the foundation of the bed.
The last and bottom layer is the high-density support foam, and it measures 5.5-inches in height. This layer is intended to provide a solid foundation which is important for proper spinal alignment. Moreover, the layer gives the bed its shape, and it is breathable enough to prevent you from waking up at night.
The Saatva mattress is a hybrid mattress that is intended to offer comfort, durability, and support. It is offered in either 11.5-inches or 14.5-inches. The mattress features 5 layers, and they are as follows:
The first layer is the euro-style pillow top, and it is made of organic cotton. This layer is very breathable and soft, which allows it to regulate the temperature of the mattress. The second layer is high-quality and thin memory foam. This layer is created to provide much-needed lumbar support.
Another vital layer of this mattress is the third layer which is made of individually encased foils and wrapped with memory foam layers. This works as the contour and comfort layer of the mattress. The fourth layer is another important layer as it is meant to provide edge support. This layer is located below the top and above the bottom coil layer, and it also runs along the side of the mattress. Though Saatva has 5 layers, it is not as good as a three-layered Leesa mattress in terms of responsiveness and noise reduction.
Related article: Comparison Chart between Saatva and Leesa Mattress
The fifth layer is the base or foundation of the mattress. This layer is very thick, and it measures 7-inches. It comprises traditional coils in an hourglass shape made from steel. This layer ensures that the shape of the whole mattress is maintained, and it offers support.
So Saatva vs Loom leaf mattress: which one is more durable? Similar to many other memory foam mattress beds on the market, the Loom and Leaf perform exceptionally for around 6 to 7 years. On the other hand, Saatva original mattress has a slightly shorter lifespan as it contains coils. Most users say that it can give you at least 6 years of good use. But with the euro top construction, expect this mattress to even have a shorter lifespan than this as this material has below-average durability.
Do you want a soft, medium, or firm mattress? Saatva offers all three, while Loom Leaf only offers medium-firm and firm mattresses.
Loom and Leaf firmness
The Loom and Leaf have a medium-firm of 5.5-6 out of 10 on the firmness scale of 1 to 10, while the best firm mattresses have a rating of 8 to 8.5 on the same scale. The former is great for all types of sleepers, while the latter is ideal for heavy people.
The Saatva mattress comes in three different firmness levels, which are soft, medium-firm, and firm. The on the firmness scale of 1 to 10, the soft model has a rating of 3.5, the medium-firm has a rating of 6, and the firm model has a rating of 8 to 8.5. With a variety to choose from, all kinds of sleepers will get a mattress that offers them the comfort in all sleeping positions and support that they desire.
The Loom Leaf mattress is not very comfortable as some sleepers have said that it sleeps hot. Most foam mattresses like Casper are known for trapping heat from your body. When compared to other memory foam mattresses, this bed is somehow cool as it features cooling gel foam layers. On the other hand, the Saatva mattress is a very cool mattress as it has a traditional innerspring that allow air to move freely. According to users, this is one of the coolest mattresses on the market.
When it comes to motion isolation, the Loom Leaf mattress is the better option as it is made of memory foam which is good at isolating motion. The Saatva, like many other innerspring mattresses, does not absorb or reduce motion to a great extent. This can be challenging for people or couples who share a bed.
The Saatva mattress has better edge support, just like most innerspring mattresses. In addition, it has an above-average pushback when sitting on the edge of the mattress. So Saatva could be the best mattress for a side sleeper who loves to sleep or sit at the edge of the mattress. For Loom and Leaf mattress, it offers little edge support, and it sinks after a few uses.
In terms of conforming, the Loom and Leaf mattress has the edge over the Saatva mattress. The L&L conforms closely to the sleeper’s body and gives support and relieving pressure points. The Saatva mattress also conforms to the body but not as close as the Loom and Leaf mattress.
The Loom and Leaf mattress is very silent even when weight is applied to it. This is not the same with Saatva, which has some coils that make some noise when you sleep on the mattress or move from it.
The Saatva is bouncier and more responsive than Loom and Leaf. Therefore, it is the perfect bed for sex and couples who want a very responsive bed. You won’t be stuck in this bed like when you sleep on the Loom and Leaf mattress.
A good number of owners of the Loom and Leaf mattress have reported unpleasant off-gassing smells when the mattress is new. Usually, this odor lasts for a few days in a new mattress, and then it disappears. Unlike Loom and Leaf, the Saatva mattress owners have reported some off-gassing, but it is not as strong as with Loom and Leaf mattress.
The Loom and Leaf mattress is somehow more expensive than the Saatva mattress. So, if you’re on a budget and want a quality mattress for your bedroom, the Saatva mattress is the best choice. It will cost you around 450$-550$. But if you are a mid-ranged buyer, you could get luxury mattresses like Brentwood Home.
Since both of these mattresses are made by the same parent company, which is Saatva, they both have a 120-night sleep trial period. This is a lot of time to find out if the mattress is good for you or not.
Returns and shipping
The company ships all of their mattresses for free, and they provide a full refund in case you are not pleased with the mattress. In addition, the company provides free white glove delivery.
Besides offering a great trial period that is above the market standard, the company also offers a 15-year limited warranty for both the Loom and Leaf and Saatva mattresses.
Advantages of Loom and Leaf Mattress
- Loom & Leaf mattress has great motion isolation and very silent, which made this mattress ideal for heavy sleepers.
- The mattress offers two firmness options.
- It supports the body as it is good at conforming and properly aligning your body.
- The mattress has a good sleep trial period of 120-nights.
- The brand offers free white glove delivery and old mattress removal
- It comes with a good 15-year warranty
Disadvantages of Loom and Leaf
- The mattress has weak edge support. For better edge support, check the review of the Brooklyn Bedding mattress.
- It produces a lot of odor when unpackaged after delivery
- The mattress may sleep hot for some individuals and not ideal for side sleepers.
Advantages of Saatva Mattress
- Saatva mattress has a strong edge support
- It is very responsive and bouncy, making it good for sex
- The mattress offers three different firmness levels that give comfort to back and stomach sleepers.
- It is made with eco-friendly material such as organic cotton cover
- Mattress Saavta has a long trial period of 120-nights
- The brand offers a 15-year warranty
Disadvantages of Saatva
- The mattress is sold at a slightly above-average price.
- The Saatva mattress has a shorter lifespan when compared to memory foam mattresses.
- It may be quite heavy to move or change in bed. So if you want a mattress that easy to move, then go for a light-weight Dreamcloud mattress.
Who should choose Loom and Leaf?
- If you want a mattress with a traditional quilted cover, then his mattress has a traditional quilted padded cover that gives it a softness and extra pressure relief when you first sleep on it.
- If you love the feel of memory foam, then this mattress is for you. The bed strikes a great balance for memory foam mattresses. It will excellently hug and contour your body for a great feeling and nice sleep.
- Choose this mattress brand If you want a memory foam hug and good cooling. When compared to other types of memory foam mattresses, Loom and Leaf are above them as it does not only give you comfort but also cool very well. Also, the mattress is very responsive, and it will change as you change very easily.
- If you’re a heavier sleeper who needs deep compression support, the Loom & Leaf mattress will be ideal for you. This mattress has a 12-inch thickness which gives it great deep compression support.
- If you want a bouncy and conforming mattress, the Loom and Leaf will be a good option. It has a layer of memory foam and quilt that integrate together to provide the sleeper with a bouncy feel and great conformance.
- If you are tired of being distracted by your partner as you sleep at night, this is the mattress for you as it has very minimal motion transfer.
Who shouldn’t choose Loom and Leaf?
- If you want a mattress with strong edge support, Loom and Leaf won’t be the most ideal as it is a memory foam mattress. Thus it has weak edge support.
- Even though this bed may be somehow responsive, it is not very responsive enough, thus not a good bed for couples looking for a good bed for sex.
Who should choose Saatva?
- If you want a traditional and luxury coil feel, then Saatva is a good mattress for you. The coil design provides outstanding support, response, and bounce to the sleeper.
- If you want a great bounce, edge support, and cooling, then the Saatva is a good mattress for you. This is because it has coils in it, which make it be breathable, bouncy, and with a supportive edge.
- If you want a mattress with a stylish pillow top, this will be a good choice. The Saatva comes with a euro-style pillow top.
- If you want a very soft feel, then choose Saatva over Loom and Leaf. The Saatva is offered in soft, medium-firm, and firm, while the L&L is only offered in a medium-firm and firm.
- If you sleep in different positions, you will find this mattress to be comfortable as it has a medium firmness and good body conformance. Also, there three firmness levels to select from.
- If you sleep hot, the Saatva mattress will be a good choice as it features a traditional build that allows air to flow through freely.
Who shouldn’t choose Saatva?
- If you’re a couple or have a partner whom you sleep with, then this is not a good bed for you as it is not good at isolating motion. Lull mattress offers better motion isolation than Saavta.
- This bed is not very durable as it is made with euro-top construction, which is considered to have below-average durability. So, if you want a more durable bed, look elsewhere.
Which is better? Loom and Leaf or Saatva Mattress?
The Loom and Leaf, and Saatva mattresses are some of the best beds that you will find in their category. From their durable construction to comfort and support, these two are right there with the best. If you love the feel of a memory foam mattress, then the Loom & Leaf mattress is a good option for you. And if you love the bouncy feel of hybrid mattresses, then the Saatva is a good bed for you as well.
Otherwise, the same company offers these two mattresses, so they are very reliable and made to perfection. From this Loom and leaf VS Saatva mattress review, all you need to do is to choose a mattress that meets your needs and demands in order to enjoy your sleep. With a 100-night free sleep trial, free shipping, and a 15-year limited warranty, these two mattresses can be relied on, and you won’t regret acquiring them.
Still have questions after reading this Loom and leaf vs Saatva mattress article? Comment below.