The Lull mattress is an all-foam mattress with medium firmness. It features 3 layers that offer support and comfort to users. The Lull is a bedding company that was started in 2015 and has its headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA, USA. The Lull mattress is designed for sleepers who love medium firmness and an average thickness profile. Read this Lull mattress reviews to know more about this.
Moreover, the Lull mattress provides close conforming without a lot of sinking, making it be ideal for people with aches and pains in their back, neck, hips, and other parts of the body. In addition, the Lull is a great mattress for couples as it has great motion isolation and is very silent.
Technical Specifications of the Lull Mattress
|Created:||for a wide range of sleepers apart from very heavy individuals that weigh more than 230 lbs|
|Top & 2nd layer:||gel-infused memory foam and conventional foam (1.5″)|
|Trial:||100-night risk-free trial period|
|Ideal for:||with aches and pains in their back, neck, hips, and other parts of the body|
|Off-gassing:||disappear after some few hours or days|
|Shipping:||free shipping and return|
|Mattress Sizes:||twin, twin XL, full, king, queen, and California king|
|Base or foundation layer:||made up of dense support foam (7″)|
When compared to other mattress brands on the market, the Lull can be said to be of a below-average price. Unlike other mattresses, shipping the Lull is free and so is the return. It is also backed by a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year warranty.
Lull Mattress Reviews 2021
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Lull Mattress
- 2 Lull Mattress Reviews 2021
- 3 Advantages of Lull Mattress
- 4 Disadvantages of Lull brand Mattresses
- 5 Who should choose Lull mattress foam?
- 6 Who shouldn’t choose Lull mattress for sale?
- 7 Why pick Lull Mattress over the other brands?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQ
Continue reading this Lull mattress reviews to find out more about this all-foam medium-firm mattress.
The Lull is a 10-inch mattress all-foam built with 3 individual layers. These are the top layer, middle layer, and bottom layer.
The top layer which is for support and cooling is made up of gel infused memory foam and measures 1.5-inches. The Lull mattress layer is created to offer a cooling effect on the sleeping surface of the mattress, while at the same time providing comfort by relieving pressure points for different sleepers.
The second layer is the support layer and it is made of conventional foam. It measures 1.5-inches and it offers proper spinal alignment and balanced weight distribution. The support layer combines with the top layer to offer great support to light, average, and heavy sleepers.
Last but not least we have the base or foundation layer. Measuring 7-inches, this layer is made up of dense support foam. This is the foundational base for the mattress and it offers a strong, stable, and dense foundation that functions with the two top layers to offer the much-needed support.
A good mattress should be durable enough to serve you for several years. But again, not every individual wants a mattress that will last for more than 10 years. With the Lull mattress, you can be certain that it will give you 6 years of very good use. As a matter of fact, this is the expected lifespan of many memory foam mattresses. But if you want a mattress that lasts longer than this, then you should look at other models.
The Lull mattress features a firmness of somewhere between medium firmness and slightly firm feel. So, if you’re looking for a firmer or softer mattress, this is the wrong mattress for you. With this kind of firmness, this is a mattress created for a wide range of sleepers apart from very heavy individuals that weigh more than 230 lbs. On the firmness scale, the Lull is considered to be at 6 with 1 being the softest and 10 the firmest.
This is a very important feature for people who have partners or for those who share a bed. A mattress with low motion isolation can be frustrating, especially if your partner turns a lot or sleeps late at night when you are already asleep. But since the Lull mattress is made of memory foam, it provides exceptional motion isolation. This is because it features two layers of memory foam that exceptionally absorbs and isolates motion.
If you sleep hot, then you know the importance of having a mattress with great cooling features. Some people have complained that the Lull mattress doesn’t sleep cool but offers a neutral environment. The Lull mattress may not have the best cooling features but its breathable cover and gel-infused top foam layer help the bed to sleep cool than many other memory foam mattresses.
Edge support is very important, more so if you prefer sitting or sleeping on the edge of your mattress. So, before you purchase any mattress, you should find out if it offers excellent edge support or not. The Lull mattress is made of memory foam which is known to provide little or no edge support. As a result, there is a lot of sinkage when you sit or sleep on the edge of the mattress as there is very little support.
This is one of the least things that you should worry about the Lull mattress. The mattress conforms closely to the sleeper’s body and relieves pressure points to a great extent. Therefore, you won’t experience any pains or aches associated with sleeping poorly due to poor alignment of the bed.
If you want to have fun in the bedroom with your partner, you may want to look elsewhere. But this doesn’t mean that this mattress is totally a jack when it comes to sex. The mattress is lacking in bounciness which is great for sex but it has great motion isolation which is also required by partners. Additionally, the mattress is not very responsive which may make some people look away.
Do you want a silent bed in your bedroom? The Lull is very silent even when a lot of weight is placed on it. This is because it is made of all-foam and not coils which may start to make noise after some time. So, no more disturbances as you have sex or play with your partner on the bed.
Similar to many other memory foam mattresses, the Lull mattress produces some smells as well. After you have unboxed the mattress, you will smell some odors but it will disappear after some few hours or days. The Lull off-gassing is not as strong as in other competing mattresses. Therefore, you shouldn’t get carried away because of this. Just ensure all the plastic is off for the mattress to breath well.
Are you not sure about the Lull mattress? Worry not as the manufacturer provides the buyer with 100-nights risk-free trial period. This is enough time for you to test and find out if the mattress is ideal for you or not. After 100-nights, you can either return or continue using the mattress if you find it to be comfortable and supportive. But if not, you can feel free to return it and have a full refund.
Return and shipping
One of the best things about owning the Lull mattress is that it can be returned if you feel it’s not the mattress that you desired or doesn’t provide the comfort that you were looking for. The return is free and so is the shipping. The Lull ships their mattress in all the contagious states of the United States. So, you have nothing to worry about. The shipping and returns are free of charge.
When compared to other top memory foam mattresses on the market, you will find that the Lull mattress is below the average price, which is a good thing considering it is of great quality. So, if you’re an individual looking for a quality but an affordable mattress, the Lull should be on top of your list. The mattress has different mattress sizes to choose from such as twin, twin XL, full, king, queen, and California king. Choose the right mattress for your bed and budget.
If you buy one of the Lull mattresses, the company offers you with a 10-year warranty. This is the same as the industry standard as most top mattress brands offer the same warranty period. With this warranty, you can relax knowing that your mattress is backed up in case of any defect.
Advantages of Lull Mattress
- It is sold at a very affordable price – below average
- It is very quiet when weight is applied to it
- Lull mattress offers great motion isolation which means that there is no disturbing your partner
- It has an excellent 100-night free trial period
- The company provides free shipping and a full refund
- It comes with a 10-year warranty
Disadvantages of Lull brand Mattresses
- Just like many other foam mattresses, edge support is lacking
- It comes in only one firmness level
- The manufacturer doesn’t reveal foam thickness
- A good number of customers have complained that it sleeps somehow hot
Who should choose Lull mattress foam?
- If you’re a back sleeper, you will definitely love this bed a lot. It doesn’t matter if you’re heavy or light, you will still get the comfort that you desire. The mattress provides the ideal support, while still allowing your hips to sink in a little bit. Also, your spine will be properly aligned on this bed.
- If you’re a combination sleeper with a light or medium weight. As long as you are of light or medium weight and sleep in different positions, you will find this mattress to offer you the support that you greatly desire. This is because it is a slightly firmer mattress and it has a wonderful balanced feel that offers the ideal support and comfort for different sleeping positions.
- Do you love the feel of memory foam without getting stuck? Then, Lull is a good mattress for you. It provides you great pressure relief and you can move easily on it without getting stuck.
- If you’re looking for a bed with average thickness profile, this will be a great mattress for you.
- If you’re tight on the budget but still want a quality mattress at below average price, the Lull mattress will also be an excellent choice.
Who shouldn’t choose Lull mattress for sale?
- If you’re a heavier stomach sleeper, then this mattress is not for you. The Lull mattress may not be ideal for you if you’re heavier and sleep on your stomach. This is because you may need more support to prevent the hips from sinking too far.
- If you are a heavier side sleeper, you should also look away. When you sleep on this mattress, you may end up pressing through the soft upper layers and engage the support layers below.
- For those who love the feeling of innerspring mattresses, you may find this mattress uncomfortable. Being an all-foam mattress, you will get some of that slow compression that comes with memory foam. This is different from the innerspring mattress as they contain coils that offer contouring and support to your body.
Why pick Lull Mattress over the other brands?
- The Lull mattress is suitable for medium and lighter weight combination sleepers. So, if you sleep in different positions during the night and you aren’t very heavy, then the Lull mattress will be great for you.
- The mattress offers cool sleeping as it has open-celled foam that promotes airflow and cooling. The combination of the open-celled foam and breathable cover should help you stay cool the entire night and avoid sleeping hot.
- This mattress is exceptional at providing pressure relief without feeling or getting stuck in it. Even though the uppermost layer is extremely soft, the transition layer keeps you from sinking in too far. The bed is comfortable and at the same time easy to move around or change positions.
- Since this is a medium firm mattress, it is great for back sleepers of different weight. Therefore, it doesn’t matter if you’re lighter or heavier, as long as you are back sleeper, you will have a sound and comfortable night in this bed.
The Lull mattress is a great choice for individuals looking for a budget-friendly, comfortable, and supportive mattress. It is suitable for all kinds of back sleepers whether of light, medium or heavyweight. But if you’re a light sleeper who sleeps on their stomach or side, then this is not the mattress for you. Additionally, the mattress has a neutral feel and offers great motion isolation.
However, the mattress is not great at keeping cool as it is made of all-foam which isn’t very breathable and a problem for hot sleepers. Besides, this is a great mattress that will offer you support at night and comes with a 100-night risk-free trial period. On top of that, shipping and returns are free and it has a 10-year warranty. I hope, you have got all the necessary information after reading this Lull mattress reviews article.
Question: Does the Lull mattress sleep hot or cold?
Answer: Even though many memory foam mattresses are famously known for trapping heat because of how the material contours around your body, the Lull bed is to some extent temperature neutral. Regardless, if you’re a person who sleeps hot, then you should look away as you will not be as comfortable as with other mattresses with cooling features. Therefore, we can say this mattress is neither hot nor cold but neutral.
Question: Besides the Lull mattress, what other products does Lull offer?
Answer: When you buy the Lull mattress, you can as well as match it with other products from the Lull such as Lull pillow, Lull metal bed frame, Lull duvet comforter, Lull mattress protector, and Lull platform bed frame. It is advisable that you always use a foundation with this mattress. This doesn’t mean that you can put it on the floor but contact with organic surfaces can lead to mildew as a result of decreased airflow.
Question: Is this a good bed for people who weigh more than 230 lbs?
Answer: No, it isn’t. The Lull bed is not a great bed for heavier people since it is made of memory foam which may hug them and cause them to be uncomfortable. So, if you weigh more than 230 lbs, you should look for a bed that provides you with enough support. If it is for temporary use, the Lull may be just fine but not for long-term use.
Question: How do I unbox the Lull mattress?
Answer: After the mattress is shipped to your doorstep, you will have to unbox it. It comes compressed and thus you will have to remove the rolled up mattress from its box. Afterward, get help from another person and position the mattress on the bed. Then, carefully cut the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Finally, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the mattress will expand.
Question: Where can I buy the Lull mattress?
Answer: Lull mattress can be found on the Lull website and on Amazon.com. This brand doesn’t operate any brick-and-mortar stores like other top brands on the market.
Still, have questions about this Lull Mattress reviews article? Comment below.