Are you here because you’re looking for a quality mattress for your bedroom? Just know that the process is not easy at all. There are lots of brands and models to choose from. In addition, different mattresses have different features that make selecting to be even more complicated. But if you have narrowed it down to just the Lull mattress and the Purple mattress, then you are almost there. Read this Lull vs Purple mattress to know more about these brands.
The Purple and lull mattresses are some of the most famous online mattress brands today. They share a lot of similarities, but they also have some distinctive features. Both the Lull and Purple mattresses are sturdily made to last, have a great trial period, and a 10-year limited warranty.
Comparison Chart: Lull VS Purple Mattress
|Feature||Lull Mattress||Purple Mattress|
|Construction:||3-layer foam mattress||3-layer hybrid mattress (foam & Purple Grid™)|
|Comfort Layer:||Gel-infused memory foam||Hyper-Elastic Polymer (Purple Grid™)|
|Support Layer:||Transition foam||High-density polyfoam|
|Base Layer:||High-density polyfoam||Individually wrapped coils + high-density polyfoam|
|Firmness:||Medium-firm (6/10)||Medium-firm (6.5/10)|
|Thickness:||10 inches||9.5 inches (Purple Original)|
|Cooling Technology:||Gel-infused memory foam for heat dissipation||Purple Grid™ for superior airflow and temperature regulation|
|Trial Period:||100 nights||100 nights|
|Warranty:||10 years||10 years|
|Shipping:||Free shipping within contiguous US||Free shipping within contiguous US|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price||Check Today’s Price|
The Lull mattress is a high-quality, comfortable, supportive, and affordable mattress, while the Purple mattresses are a durable, pressure-relieving, and exceptionally cool bed. In addition, the Lull mattress comes in only one model, while the Purple mattress offers the original Purple and the New Purple models.
In this Lull VS Purple review, we’ve taken our time to research and go through reviews of both the Lull and Purple mattresses in order to bring you this detailed information about them. With the pros, cons, features, and who the mattresses are best suited for, you should be able to select a luxurious mattress for your bedroom after reading this review.
Lull VS Purple Mattress Features Comparison
How do these two mattresses match up when it comes to construction? The Lull mattresses are made up of 3 layers, and so are the Purple mattresses.
Lull Mattress construction
The Lull mattress is 10-inches in height with a soft and thin cover. The mattress has gel memory foam as its first comfort layer. So the top layer, also called the transition layer, is 1.5-inches thick, and it is specially designed to offer optimal body-cradling, relieve pressure, and enhance the durability of the bed. The mattress is built with hyper-elastic polymer as its comfort layer. In addition, this layer features the Lull mattress’s cooling technology, which allows the sleeper to sleep cool.
Related article: Materials Comparison Chart of Lull VS Nectar Mattress
The second layer is 1.5-inches, and it features latex-like foam. This layer ensures that your whole body is aligned very well and allows for deep relaxation in the muscles to make sure that you’re sleeping soundly. This layer also gives the mattress a bouncy feeling which prevents the sleeper from sinking in, and it responds quickly.
The third and bottom layer of the mattress is the base support foam, and it is 7-inches in thickness. This layer plays a key role in ensuring that motion is absorbed so that couples don’t distract each other as they sleep. Moreover, it gives the mattress its strength and makes it be very durable.
Check Today’s Price
Purple Mattress construction
The Purple mattresses are 9.5-inches in height with a soft and thin cover. This cover ensures that the sleeper gets the necessary support and they are comfortable.
The Purple mattress has 3 layers, and the first layer is the 2-inch Purple Smart Comfort Grid. This is a hyper-elastic polymer with a squishy feeling. The layer is very vital in relieving pressure, contouring the body, provides support, and it also cradles the body. Regardless of your sleeping position, the Smart comfort Grid allows you to sleep freely across the bed without any challenges.
The second layer is the Plush Comfort Foam which measures 3.5-inches in thickness. This layer is particularly made to enhance the performance of the purple grid above. This layer is also very responsive and bouncy, which makes it great for relieving joints and pressure points for a sound night’s sleep.
The bottom layer of the Purple mattress is the base layer, and it measures 4-inches. This layer is made of medium-firm, high-density polyurethane foam, which is also the Certi-PUR US certified to ensure your safety. Being the foundation layer, it reinforces the whole mattress, enhances the layers above it, and offers the much-needed support, firmness, and stability. But mattress Purple and purple Hybrid are not the same. Purple Hybrid mattress is built with a combination of innerspring coils and memory foam layers.
Check Today’s Price
Purple vs Lull: Which one is more durable? With the constantly changing technology, it’s hard to say that you will prefer a mattress that will last for more than 10 years. New and better mattresses are being made every year, and that’s why acquiring a mattress that can give you 6 years of good use is okay. Both the Lull and Purple Purple mattresses offer very durable mattresses that can last for more than 6 years.
Although this is yet to be proven as both of these brands were launched in 2015, current users of these mattresses say that they are very durable and reliable. So, you can expect them to stay strong for several years.
Always ensure that you buy a mattress that has a firmness level that you desire depending on your sleeping style and weight. In this Lull VS Purple Mattress case, these two mattresses match up very well as they are both of a medium firmness on the firmness scale of 1-10. The Lull and Purple mattresses have been tested to have a 6.5 firmness which is great for most types of sleepers.
If at all you’re looking for a very soft mattress, then these two may not be the best option for you. For the soft one, you have to choose between Leesa or Zinus mattress. You can check the comparison chart of Leesa vs. Zinus before buying your new mattress. But if you weigh more than 130 lbs and sleep on your stomach, back, or even side, these mattresses will offer you the comfort that you desire.
If your dog or partner moves in bed a lot, then you know how hard it is to get a good night’s sleep. Don’t just give up yet if you’re facing such a problem as the Lull and Purple mattresses are built to reduce motion isolation greatly. Since both of these mattresses feature memory foam, many users have applauded them, and they say that they are good at absorbing and minimizing motion transfer. With one of these mattresses in your bedroom, sleep distraction caused by movement on the bed will be a thing of the past.
Most memory foam mattresses are known for sleeping hot. So, if you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, you should go with the Purple mattress. Even though the Lull mattress sleeps cool for some, others have reported that it sleeps warm. The gel-infused top foam layer and the breathable cover do a great job of helping the bed to sleep cooler but not as cool as the Purple mattress. With the Purple mattress, you will remain fairly cool the whole night and sleep soundly.
If you’re one of those people who love sitting on the edge of the mattress, then you should consider getting a mattress with good or excellent edge support. Some of the best edge-supported mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding, Avocado Green, and Awara mattress.
The Lull and Purple mattresses are both lacking in this category as they are made of memory foam. So, the mattress will either not support you for long or sink after some time. In short, both the Lull and Purple mattresses have poor edge support.
The Purple mattress conforms very closely to the body; as a result, it provides improved spinal alignment and targeted pressure relief. On the other hand, the Lull mattress conforms closely to the body, thus alleviating pressure points to some extent. Between these two, the Purple mattress is the better bed when it comes to offering very close conforming. Therefore, it relieves pressure more and also reduces aches and pains.
This is another category where these two mattress brands are tied. The Lull and Purple mattresses are both made of mixed foam, which makes them not produce any noise. These are some of the most silent mattresses that you will get on the market. They don’t have any springs or coils, which are found in Helix mattresses that can produce sound when you apply weight to them. With these mattresses, you can always sleep soundly or even have fun on the bed without making any noise, like with innerspring mattresses.
Both of these mattresses are a bit lacking when it comes to responsiveness and bounciness. This is typical of most memory foam mattresses, and it shouldn’t come as a surprise. So, if you’re a couple looking for a bouncy and responsive bed that is good for sex, these two shouldn’t be on top of your priority even though they can bounce to some extent. But the final decision lies in your hands as you can still enjoy sex on these beds, though not as much as you could on an innerspring or hybrid bed.
If you’re tight on the budget but still want a quality and reliable bed for your bedroom, the Lull is the best option for you. The mattress is not only affordable but also well-built to last long. It is also comfortable and isolates motion perfectly. On the other hand, the Purple mattress is slightly expensive when compared to the Lull mattress, though they have similar features. Also, the two mattresses have several discounts which you should consider before buying.
Related article: Price comparison between Purple and Casper mattresses
If you’re not sure about the mattress that you want, both of them come with a 100-night free sleep trial period. This is enough time to try out the mattress and know if it is good for you or not. Actually, this is the industry standard as most brands provide a 100-night trial period.
Returns and shipping
After trying out the mattress, you can decide whether to return it or not. Both of these brands offer a full refund, and you can return the mattress any time that you want to. Note that shipping is free, and so are the returns.
The Lull mattress sells its mattresses on its website and on Amazon, but they don’t operate any brick-and-mortar stores.
The Purple mattress sells its mattresses on its website and on retailer sites like Amazon. Just like Lull, Purple does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores.
With a great belief in their products, both the Lull and Purple mattresses offer a 10-year limited warranty to buyers. This means that if you receive a product that is defective or has an issue, you can always return it for repair or replacement within the warranty period.
Advantages of Lull
- The Lull mattress has an outstanding cooling technology that performs well, making it be a good mattress for hot sleepers as well as side sleepers.
- This mattress is compatible with all types of flat surfaces, with the floor included.
- It is sold at a very affordable price.
- The mattress provides pressure relief which memory foam mattress is famous for, without the bounce. It also gives you a traditional memory foam feel.
- It has no noise, which is great for a sound sleep.
- The mattress is shipped quickly as it takes less than 4 days to arrive at your doorstep.
- It comes with a 100-night free trial period which is a good period to test the mattress.
- The manufacturer offers a 10-year limited warranty
Disadvantages of Lull Mattress
- The cover is not removable or washable, so you will only have to spot clean your mattress using a mild detergent or cold water.
- The mattress features fiberglass, which should not come into contact with the skin. So, you should never remove Lull’s cover. To avoid this issue, you can buy a Puffy Mattress that is 100% fiberglass free.
- The mattress has a questionable edge support
Advantages of Purple
- This mattress is really responsive and with a great bounce
- It has great motion isolation, which makes it be a good bed for couples
- The mattress stays cool, dry, and comfortable
- It supports all types of sleepers like side sleepers, combo sleepers, back and stomach sleepers. Overall, the mattress will comfort you in all sleeping positions.
- The brand offers free shipping in the contiguous U.S
- The Purple mattress is pressure relieving and very breathable
- It comes with a standard 100-night free trial period
- The Purple mattress also offers a 10-year limited warranty
Disadvantages of Purple Mattress
- Many users have complained that this mattress doesn’t come with a strong edge.
- The brand discourages the use of traditional box spring with their mattress as it can lead to premature wear or sagging.
- It may take up to 30 days for your body to adjust to the smart comfort grid.
- It is quite heavy and challenging to move. But if it seems to be an issue for you, you can get an 8-inch thick lightweight Lucid mattress.
Who should choose Lull Mattresses?
- If you are tight on a budget but still want a quality mattress, the Lull mattress is affordable than the Purple mattress.
- If you weigh less than 230 lbs and are a side sleeper, this is a very great mattress for you.
- You love beds with an average thickness profile. Then this is the bed for you.
- If you share a bed with your partner or even a dog, you will find this bed to be comforting, and it won’t distract your sleep.
- You are looking for a mattress that provides some conforming to relieve aches and pain in your pressure points. Lull offers great support to your shoulders and hips while resting.
Who shouldn’t choose Lull?
- You will find this bed to be uncomfortable If you’re a lighter stomach sleeper.
- If you want a bed with good edge support, this one is lacking, and it sinks at the edge after some time.
- If you want a very bouncy bed for good sex
Who should Choose Purple Mattresses?
- The Purple mattress is a good bed for you, If you sleep hot and want a mattress that disperses heat very well.
- If you’re looking for an extremely durable mattress that will last for many years to come, this is a good option.
- If you’re a medium-weight or heavy side sleeper, you will find the Purple mattress to be a great choice for you.
- Do you want a mattress that sleeps relatively cool? The Purple mattress will help you to do that.
Who shouldn’t choose Purple?
- This is an ideal mattress for side sleepers. So the bed will be uncomfortable for stomach sleepers who weigh less than 150 lbs.
- If you sleep on the edge of the bed more than in the middle, this is not the mattress for you.
- If you want a bouncy bed that is also very responsive
Conclusion: Which is better? Lull or Purple Mattress?
Overall, both of these mattresses are well-built and will offer the sleeper many years of comfort and support. But depending on your preference and budget, you may find the Lull or Purple to be an ideal mattress for you. The Lull mattress is suitable for lighter sleepers who are looking for an affordable mattress, while the Purple mattress is great for heavier sleepers who want a durable mattress.
In the end, both of these mattresses are exceptional, and you will love having either one of them as long as they meet your own personal preferences. The brands are reliable, come with a standard trial period and a 10-year limited warranty. For us, we find the Purple mattress to be slightly better than the Lull mattress.
Still have questions after reading this Lull VS Purple Mattress review? Comment below.