If you’ve visited our site, there is a high chance that you’re looking for a great green mattress for your bedroom. And that’s okay as we understand the challenge people undergo when it comes to selecting the best green mattress. The Avocado and Zenhaven mattresses are some of the best green mattresses on the market, and people find a challenging time to choose between the two. In this Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven comparison review, we’ve highlighted their features and help to differentiate and make your choice to be easy. Both of these mattresses have outstanding features and making a choice may be quite difficult, especially if it’s your first time purchasing a green mattress.
Comparison Chart: Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven Mattress
|Materials||Dunlop latex, coil set, Joma wool, and organic cotton||organic cotton and an inch of organic wool|
|Temperature Control||Sleep Cool||Sleep warm|
|Firmness||7||4 (soft) or 7 (firmer)|
|Motion Isolation:||more responsive||minimizes more motion|
|Trial period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Noise||Makes some noise||Silent|
|Price||Affordable||It depends on the size|
|Warranty||25 year limited warranty||20 year limited warranty|
- 1 Comparison Chart: Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven Mattress
- 2 Features Comparison Between Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven Mattress
- 2.1 Avocado construction
- 2.2 Zenhaven construction
- 2.3 Durability
- 2.4 Firmness
- 2.5 Temperature control
- 2.6 Motion isolation
- 2.7 Edge support
- 2.8 Conforming
- 2.9 Noise
- 2.10 Sinkage and bounce
- 2.11 Off-gassing
- 2.12 Price
- 2.13 Trial period
- 2.14 Return and shipping
- 2.15 Warranty
- 3 Who should choose the Avocado mattress?
- 4 Who shouldn’t choose an Avocado mattress?
- 5 Who should choose the Zenhaven mattress?
- 6 Who shouldn’t choose the Zenhaven mattress?
- 7 So, Which is better? Avocado Mattress or Zenhaven?
The Avocado mattress is a U.S based company, and it specializes in creating mattresses from eco-conscious and natural materials. At the moment, this brand has two mattress models under its umbrella, and they are the popular Avocado green mattress and the Avocado Vegan mattress. Both of these mattresses are made of certified natural and organic materials. These materials are durable, breathable, and comfortable.
The Zenhaven mattress is a subsidiary mattress of Saatva Company. This is a dual-sided mattress made from 100% Talalay latex materials which made this mattress ideal for side sleepers. The owner can sleep on the softer side or turn the mattress and sleep on the firmer side. That’s why the Zenhaven is a good mattress for all types of sleepers, regardless of their weight. This mattress is also very responsive and great at isolating motion.
Features Comparison Between Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven Mattress
To differentiate between these two mattresses and select a mattress of your choice, read our review to the end.
Whether it is a hybrid mattress, memory foam mattress, Frim mattress, in a box mattress, or latex mattress, it is important to know what other materials the mattress comprises and how many layers it has. This will help you to know if you’re choosing a comfortable and durable mattress or not. But before jump into our main topic, let’s check some constructional features between Zenhaven vs avocado mattresses.
The Avocado mattress uses all environmentally-friendly materials to bring you a good sleep. The materials are Dunlop latex, coil system, Joma wool, and organic cotton. It is compressed and put into a box for convenient shipping.
The Avocado has 3 layers with an organic cotton cover. The cover is made of organic cotton, which holds Joma wool. Also, you’ve got the option of adding a Euro pillow top, which will add extra 2-inches to the mattress.
The first layer of the mattress is the 2-inch Dunlop latex. This material is aerated to help in air flow circulation and cooling of the mattress. The second layer is made up of steel coils that have been reused to reduce waste. The individually pocketed coils are 8-inches and feature 3 zones to offer zoned support or pressure relief required in the hip, shoulder, and knee areas.
The base layer consists of a 1-inch Dunlop latex that is firmer than the two layers above. This layer forms the foundation of the mattress, and it provides stability to the mattress. In addition, this mattress has a perimeter with reinforced coils to provide a consistent feel from one edge of the mattress to another.
The Zenhaven mattress is shipped for free, and they offer a free white glove delivery service. The mattress has 4 layers and a cover that is made of organic cotton and an inch of organic wool. This material promotes temperature regulation and helps you to sleep cool.
The 10-inch dual-sided mattress has a 1.5-inch gentle firm latex. When you flip this layer to be on top, it provides a pushback, and you get more conforming than when with the firmer side. The second layer is 3-inches, and it is made of Talalay latex. This layer is firmer than the third layer, and it provides great support. But when flipped, it provides an overall soft feel.
The third layer also features a 3-inch Talalay latex. This layer offers a soft pressure relief from deep within the mattress. If you flip the mattress, you get a luxury plush comfort surface. And finally, there is the base layer, which supports the upper layers, or when flipped, it provides a firmer setting. This is great for more compression if that’s what your body needs.
Both of these mattresses are very durable as they feature latex in their composition. To begin with, the Avocado mattress has latex in its comfort layer, which is substituted with polyfoam. On the other hand, the Zenhaven mattress has latex throughout its structure, which makes it be even more durable. It is estimated that the Zenhaven has a lifespan of 7 years, although the mattress is still new and hasn’t been proven yet.
The Zenhaven mattress comes in two firmness levels, while the Avocado mattress has only one firmness level. The Zenhaven mattress can be flipped to get a softer firmness of 4 (soft) or 7 (firmer) on the firmness scale of 1-10. When it comes to Avocado, it only comes with a firmer mattress with a rating of 7 on the firmness scale. This makes the Avocado mattress to be suitable for heavier people or back sleepers, while the Zenhaven mattress is good for all types of sleepers.
Avocado vs Zenhaven both is opposite in terms of temperature control. The Zenhaven mattress tends to sleep warm, but some users claim that it is cool. But if you want a mattress that sleeps cool, then go for the Avocado mattress or the Winkbeds mattress. This mattress not only features breathable materials but also has pocketed coils in its structure. This allows airflow, thus making the mattress sleep cool.
Sleeping can be a problem, especially if your partner moves a lot in bed, as they can end up distracting you. The Avocado and Zenhaven mattresses both provide motion isolation, but Zenhaven minimizes more motion than Avocado. This is because the Avocado mattress features pocketed steel coils which are found in the Helix mattresses that make the bed be more responsive. On the contrary, the Zenhaven mattress is made up of Talalay latex, which absorbs and minimizes motion to a great extent.
Related article: Difference between Casper and Helix mattresses
If you love sleeping on the edge of the mattress, then you will love the Avocado mattress. This mattress comes reinforced with pocketed coils and high-ILD latex in the support core, which makes it be strong. So, the mattress won’t sink that much when you sleep or sit on the edge. Then again, the Zenhaven mattress doesn’t have good edge support, and I can say it is poor. This is because many owners say its sinks a lot, and it almost offers no support on edge.
If you want a mattress that conforms closely to your body, then the Zenhaven is the best choice for you. With close conforming, aches and pain will be alleviated, and so will pressure. Just turn the mattress to its soft side. For those who don’t want to conform, just turn the mattress to the firm side.
The Avocado mattress conforms to your mattress well but not as close as the Zenhaven mattress. This mattress features low-ILD latex in the comfort layer that makes the bed conform to your body. In return, it also relieves pain and pressure in sensitive parts of your body, such as the hips and shoulders.
The Zenhaven mattress is totally silent as it doesn’t feature any coils or innerspring that causes mattresses to make some sounds. It doesn’t matter how much weight you place on this mattress, and it will still stay silent. While the Avocado mattress produces some sound and it is not a good mattress if you’re looking for a totally silent mattress. You may hear some creaks and squeaks after some time as it features pocketed coils in its layers.
Sinkage and bounce
If you want a mattress to float on and not in it, then these two mattresses will be good for you. This is because the Zenhaven has a gentle firm, and so is the Avocado mattress. This is the firmness of 7 on the 1-10 firmness scale. But if you want a mattress that you sleep “in” and not “on,” then the Zenhaven mattress is the best alternative. The mattress can be flipped to the softer side with a rating of 4 on the firmness scale.
When it comes to the mattress with the best bounce, then the Avocado mattress is the right bed for you as it has pocketed steel coils that make it be bouncy and very responsive.
Some mattresses like Nectar mattresses produce a lot of smell when they are unwrapped, while others take several days for the smell to dissipate completely. If you don’t like this smell at all, you should consider going for the Zenhaven mattress as it isn’t compressed, and you can use it the same day or even hour you receive it. In the case of the Avocado mattress, you won’t have to worry about anything as well. This is because it does not produce any off-gassing, though an odor may exits, which disappears after a short while.
If you’re tight on the budget, you should consider buying the Avocado mattress. This bed may be cheaper than the Zenhaven mattress, but it is still a quality bed. You can find different sizes like twin xl, king size, and queen size. So, know which size you are choosing as they vary in prices.
Related article: Price comparison between Leesa and Saatva mattress
Both of these mattresses have an outstanding trial period. The Zenhaven has a better trial period of 120-nights, while the Avocado mattress has a trial period of 100-nights.
Return and shipping
If you find that this mattress is not what you are looking for, you can return it and receive a full refund. This applies to both of these mattresses. In addition, shipping is free within the contiguous US.
The Zenhaven mattress comes with a 20-year warranty, while the Avocado mattress has a 25-year warranty.
Advantages of Avocado mattress
- It is of above-average durability
- Eco-friendly Avocado has a strong edge support ideal for people who sleep or sit on the edge of the mattress.
- Avocado comes with multiple firmness, thickness, and composition
- It is constructed from certified organic and natural materials
- The mattress is affordable
- It comes with a 100-night free trial period
- Free shipping to all the contiguous U.S.A
- The brand offers 25 years limited warranty
Disadvantages of Avocado mattress
- It produces some noise, which may be a nuisance to some individuals
- The mattress can be somehow heavy and difficult to move on the bed
Advantages of Zenhaven mattress
- It can be flipped with two different firmness options
- It has little to no noise
- Zenhaven is amazing at isolating motion
- It conforms closely for targeted pain and pressure relief
- It sleeps cool
- The company offers free white glove delivery and old mattress removal
- It has a 120-night free trial period, which is better than average
- It comes with 20 years limited warranty
Disadvantages of Zenhaven mattress
- It is quite expensive. If your budget is low, you can buy a budget-friendly Sealy mattress.
- The edge support is below average
Who should choose the Avocado mattress?
- If you sleep hot, this is a good mattress for you—the mattress pinholes in the latex, which makes it be breathable and cool throughout.
- If you are looking for a mattress that is made from natural and organic materials
- If you’re a sleeper who is usually awakened by noise or movement from their partner, this is a wonderful mattress for you. It is somehow silent and good at motion isolation.
- If you want a 100 percent organic mattress, the Avocado mattress is a great option. The Avocado mattress is made using Dunlop processing, which latex is technically 100% natural.
- If you’re a heavier individual, you will also like this mattress. The Avocado mattress is 1 to 3 inches thicker than the Zenhaven mattress. This thickness makes it be more ideal for heavier people than the less thick Avocado.
- If you’re on a budget and want a slightly cheaper mattress, then this is the best choice as it is cheaper than the Zenhaven mattress.
Who shouldn’t choose an Avocado mattress?
- I have already given in-depth information on the constructional difference that Zenhaven vs avocado mattresses have. If you dislike mattresses that produce noise as you make movements on the bed or your partner. This mattress has pocketed coils that can make squeaking or creaking noise as you move on it. If you are irritated with cranking or twisting noise, you can get a Zinus noise-free mattress.
- If you want a mattress that minimizes motion transfer to a great extent, this is not the best mattress for you. This is because it is a hybrid mattress with pocketed coils that are very responsive.
Who should choose the Zenhaven mattress?
- If you don’t know which firmness level is good for you, then Zenhaven is a good mattress for you. This is because it can be flipped to either have a softer side on top or the firmer side on top.
- If you want a mattress with different sinkage levels, the softer side provides you with a deep hg while the firm side gives you a gentle cradle.
- If you sleep hot but love the feel of a memory foam mattress, get the Zenhaven mattress. This mattress resists body heat, and instead of trapping heat like most memory foam mattresses, this mattress has a latex, which has a breathable open cell structure.
- If you want a mattress with proper alignment of the spine, then this mattress has 5 zones with the comfort layer constructed to enable certain parts of your body to sink deeper into the bed or float near the top.
Who shouldn’t choose the Zenhaven mattress?
- If you want a bouncy bed, look elsewhere as this bed bounces slightly. For better bounce and responsiveness, you can buy a bear mattress which I have already reviewed.
- If you’re looking for a budget-friendly mattress, this is quite expensive, and you are better off with the Avocado mattress.
So, Which is better? Avocado Mattress or Zenhaven?
Both the Avocado and Zenhaven mattresses are exceptional as they are sturdily made, feature natural latex in their comfort layers, have zoned construction, are bouncy and breathable at the same time. As a result, your final choice depends on other features that you may want, such as edge support, better bounce, or motion isolation. The price might also play a role in which mattress you end up with.
Pick the Avocado mattress if you want a mattress with more bounce, with greater thickness, and one that has a gentle cradle. Also, if you’re on a budget, the Avocado mattress will be pocket-friendly to you. On the other hand, the Zenhaven mattress is great for a person looking for a mattress with better motion isolation, two firmness levels, and with a classic latex feel.
All-in-all, these two are exceptional mattresses with long warranties and good free trial periods. Test and find out which mattress is best for your needs without worrying about a refund as they both provide a full refund and free shipping within the contiguous US.
Still, have a question after reading Avocado Mattress VS Zenhaven mattress article? Comment below.