Since there are so many mattresses on the market, picking the best mattress for your needs is vital. To do so, you need to compare and contrast some of the best brands to determine which one is built for you. Today, we will compare the Casper Original and Loom & Leaf mattresses. These are two of the best online mattress brands on the market. Read this Casper VS Loom & Leaf mattress comparison to know more about these two brands.
Tired of waking up to backaches or sleeping hot at night? A mattress plays a huge role in how we sleep. A comfortable mattress that is ideal for our body size, height, and sleeping position will ensure that we sleep comfortably and sound. But if you purchase the wrong mattress, you will have aches all over your body.
Comparison Chart: Casper VS Loom & Leaf
Loom & Leaf
|Durability||7 years||7 years|
|Trial period||100 nights||120 nights|
|Off-gassing||1-2 days||1-2 days|
|Cover||pure polyester material||organic cotton|
|Warranty||10-year non-prorated warranty||15-year prorated warranty|
Casper was established in 2014, and its flagship mattress is the Casper Original, or simply Casper. Aside from this mattress, Casper also offers Casper Essential and Casper Wave. In this comparison review, we’ll be looking at the Casper Original mattress.
Loom & Leaf is a product of Saatva. The Loom & Leaf mattress features memory foam layers. Apart from Loom & Leaf, Saatva also sells Saatva and Zenhaven mattress collections.
If you’ve been looking for a quality memory foam mattress, these two should meet your needs. The beds are made of memory foam but with varying layers. They also have a similar firmness rating, but the Loom & Leaf has a slightly firmer feel, while the Casper has a medium-firm feel.
- 1 Comparison Chart: Casper VS Loom & Leaf
- 2 Features Comparison Between Casper VS Loom & Leaf Mattress
- 3 Who should buy Casper?
- 4 Who should buy Loom & Leaf?
- 5 Similarities between Casper and Loom & Leaf
- 6 Differences between Casper and Loom & Leaf
- 7 Which is better? Casper or Loom & Leaf Mattress?
Features Comparison Between Casper VS Loom & Leaf Mattress
Without much ado, let’s compare Casper VS Loom & Leaf mattresses and help you make a wise choice according to your preference.
Casper has a thickness of 11-inches. The entire mattress is covered by pure polyester material. This makes it breathable, which allows air to flow in out. That’s one of the reasons why the bed sleeps cool. What’s more, the cover is removable; thus, it can be cleaned.
The first layer of the Casper mattress features 1.5-inches of open-cell foam. This layer has a similar response to that if memory foam. This layer helps to relieve pressure as it conforms to the contour of your body. It makes the bed more responsive.
The second layer of the Casper Original bed is the memory foam mattress. This layer is positioned below the open-cell memory to counter non-responsiveness and retain heat. Hence, you will end up enjoying the feel of memory foam without moving around quickly.
The third layer also comes with the same thickness as the second layer. Also referred to as the transition layer, this layer makes the body adjust from a softer feel to a firmer feel of the base layer. It has transition foam with a thickness of 1.5-inches.
The final and base layer is the 5.5-inches of high-density polyurethane foam. This layer provides support to the top layers. When the top layers conform to your body, this layer is in charge of offering support and preventing further sinkage of the user.
Loom & Leaf Construction
The Loom & Leaf layers are encased within an organic cotton cover. The cover is breathable and allows air to flow freely, which makes this a perfect mattress of hot sleepers. It is one of the best all-foam memory mattresses for hot sleepers.
The first layer of this mattress features is made up of gel-swirl memory foam and a spinal gel panel. These not only offer a feel of memory foam, but they also ensure that heat is passed down to the lower layers to sleep cool. Besides, these two layers are breathable, which means that you will sleep cool. Thanks to the inverted egg-crate construction that allows free air circulation within the layers.
The second layer of the Loom & Leaf memory foam mattress is 2.5-inches thick with a higher density. With this layer, you won’t sink further into the bed like the Casper mattress. Besides, the layer is made of memory foam, which is durable and contours to your body.
The third layer is the transition layer. It adjusts your body from the softer layers on top to the hard bottom layers. Heavier sleepers usually complain about sinking too deep into memory foam mattresses. But with this layer, that won’t be the case as it slows down sinkage and aligns with your body.
The final layer of the Loom & Leaf mattress features a 5.5-inch high-density polyurethane foam. As you can see, it is the same size as the Casper mattress. This layer supports the top layers and the body. The layer stops the sleeper’s body from sinking further.
The longevity of the mattress is determined by how durable it is constructed. Before buying a mattress, you should know how long it will last before buying a new one. The Casper and Loom & Leaf mattresses are made of memory foam, which has an average lifespan of 6 years. However, Loom and Leaf are more durable, which is thanks to its high-density foam. Expect this mattress to last at least 6 to 7 years. It has an above-average lifespan. Alternatively, the Casper mattress is also durable and will last almost the same years as the Loom & Leaf.
So, if you want a mattress with better durability, then you should pick Loom and Leaf over Casper mattress.
Both of these mattresses have a medium-firm feel. Casper and Loom & Leaf have a firmness level of 5.5 on the firmness scale of 1 to 10. However, they still differ in how they make users feel. Casper mattress offers a medium feel, while Loom & Leaf provides a medium and firm feel.
If you’re an average weight or lightweight individual, then you should consider getting the Casper mattress. In contrast, the Loom & Leaf mattress is better suited for average weight and heavier sleepers. Thanks to its firm design that makes its surface firmer than Casper’s mattress.
Always pick the right firmness level if you want to sleep comfortably and soundly. Plush is best for lighter individuals, medium-firm for average weight sleepers, and firm for heavyweight individuals.
Memory foam mattresses are famous for offering pressure relief. Since Casper and Loom & Leaf are made of memory foam, expect the mattresses to conform to your body correctly. The Casper mattress provides excellent conforming and targeted pressure relief for most sleepers. Since it is softer, it will be suitable for the lighter side and back sleepers. On the other hand, the Loom & Leaf mattress conforms closely to your body to align the spine, target pressure points, and relieve pain symptoms.
In terms of relieving pressure, the Loom & Leaf mattress is better than Casper. What’s more, it has two firmness options to choose from. These relieve pressure on people of different weights.
As it is expected, both Casper and Loom & Leaf mattresses don’t sleep very cool. This is because they are memory foam mattresses. However, Casper sleeps cooler than Loom & Leaf as it has the memory foam as the second layer instead of the top layer. This means less heat is trapped. Also, Casper absorbs little heat, which makes it sleep cool. Loom & Leaf is also slightly cool, and this is because of the cooling gel foam layers in its comfort layer. But when compared to the Casper mattress, this mattress sleeps somewhat warm.
So, if you sleep hot and want a cool memory foam mattress, Casper will be the better bed to acquire.
One thing that makes people prefer memory foam mattresses over other types is their outstanding ability to isolate motion. Both Casper and Loom & Leaf are good at isolating motion. In fact, they don’t transfer motion at all. As a result, they make the best beds for couples as one can sleep soundly without the interference of their partner.
Aside from being ideal for partners, this bed is excellent for people who sleep with their pets, such as dogs and cats. Both mattresses will absorb and minimize motion to a great extent.
Many people find it hard not to sleep or sit on the edge of the mattress. This is regardless of whether the mattress has strong edge support or not. If you’re one of those people who changes a lot in bed, then you may need a mattress with strong edge support. This is because sitting or sleeping on the edge makes the mattress sink on the perimeter.
Both Casper and Loom & Leaf mattresses provide good edge support. This is normal for most memory foam mattresses. The Casper offers fair edge support as it has a thicker support core. Nevertheless, people still complain about sinkage over time. Loom & Leaf mattress also provides good edge support.
When it comes to edge support, these two mattresses offer fair support, which is okay. But if you want a bed with more robust edge support, you should consider getting an innerspring or hybrid mattress.
Another vital feature to look at when purchasing a mattress is the level of noise. Unlike innerspring mattresses, memory foam mattresses don’t come with coils in their structure. As a result, you won’t hear them cracking a sound as there are no coils to squeak or creak when they get old.
Hence, both Casper and Loom & Leaf are virtually silent. This means that you will have a good time with your partner without attracting any attention around. So, noise should be the least of your worries when buying Casper or Loom & Leaf mattresses.
One of the most significant disadvantages of memory foam or all-foam mattresses is being unresponsive and compact. Unlike innerspring and hybrid mattresses that are bouncy and responsive, memory foam mattresses are not. For this reason, both Casper and Loom & Leaf are not suitable for sex. This is because it is not easy to change positions or move quickly in bed. Also, changing styles is tricky if the mattress is not responsive.
Casper and Loom & Leaf are not good for sex as they are neither responsive nor bouncy. So, you won’t have good sex on this bed, although it is silent and won’t alert outsiders during the practice.
Off-gassing is normal for mattresses that are compressed during shipping. Both Casper and Loom & Leaf produce an unpleasant smell. However, many users have complained that Casper produces an unpleasant smell that lasts for a day or two. On the other hand, Loom & Leaf also produces an unpleasant odor that usually lasts for one or two days.
When the two are compared, Casper tends to have worse off-gassing than Loom & Leaf. But the gas should dissipate within a few days of unboxing the mattress.
Mattresses don’t come cheap, and that’s why you need to make the right choice instead of regretting it for the next seven or so years. Before you buy a mattress, you should try it out and see if it offers the comfort that you desire. The best brands provide a free night trial period so that you can decide whether the mattress is comfortable or not.
Casper offers 100 nights free trial, while Loom & Leaf offers 120 nights free trial. As you can see, Loom & Leaf has a more extended trial period than the Casper mattress. So, you have enough time to know if the bed is suitable for you or not. The best thing is that both of these mattresses don’t have a break-in period.
White glove delivery and shipping
Casper covers all shipping and transportation costs. They ship their mattress to the whole of the US and Canada. Note that the standard delivery is free, while white glove delivery is charged at a flat-rate fee. Their white glove delivery service entails the removal of an old mattress and assembling a new one.
Loom & Leaf under Saatva offers free white glove delivery. What’s more, the service includes old mattress removal and assembling of the new mattress. They transport their bed to all contiguous US states and Canada, but not Alaska and Hawaii. Also, returns are not free as you will be charged transportation costs.
Even though these mattresses are made up of similar materials with several similarities, they differ in price. The Loom & Leaf mattress is costlier than the Casper mattress. Besides, the difference in price is easily noticeable as there is a massive difference in every mattress size. The sizes sold are twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California King.
Both of these mattresses have excellent guarantees. Casper mattress comes with a 10-year warranty, while Loom & Leaf offers a 15-year warranty. Casper’s warranty is non-prorated, while Loom & Leaf’s warranty is prorated.
If you want the mattress with the most extended warranty, you should go with Loom & Leaf. But if you want a better warranty, then going for the 10-year non-prorated warranty is better than the 15-year prorated warranty.
Who should buy Casper?
- If you want a softer mattress – some people prefer a plush feel to a firm feel. The Casper mattress is softer and more comfortable to sleep on than the Loom & Leaf mattress. This is because of the cooler traditional memory foam that this mattress is made of, while the Loom and Leaf mattress has high-density memory foam.
- If you’re a lightweight or average weight sleeper – if you weigh less than 230 pounds, then you will love this mattress. The Casper mattress has a medium-firm, which conforms closely to your body. So, if you’re a heavyweight individual who weighs more than 230 pounds, you won’t be comfortable.
- If you desire to sleep cool – the Casper mattress has the memory foam layer put in the second layer. As a result, the bed keeps retained heat far away from your body. Aside from that, it has an open-cell design that makes this mattress breathable. With these features, this mattress can sleep cool.
- If you want a more affordable mattress, the Casper mattress is more affordable when it comes to price. At such an affordable price, you get to enjoy high-quality and comfortable beds. They also have a variety of sizes to pick from. The nigger the mattress size, the more expensive it gets.
- If you want better edge support – the Casper has better edge support than Loom and Leaf. Thanks to the upper layer of the mattress that has a high degree of responsiveness. As a result, the owner can sleep on the entire surface and have more support on the edges than the Loom & Leaf mattress.
Who should buy Loom & Leaf?
- If you want excellent motion isolation – If your partner moves a lot in bed, then you will love this mattress. This is because it has splendid motion isolation, which means that your partner won’t disturb you a lot. Thanks to the memory foam layers that don’t transfer motion to a great extent as you sleep or rise from the mattress.
- If you sleep hot on all-foam mattresses – people who sleep hot on all foam mattresses will love this mattress a lot. It has cooling gel foam and convoluted construction with gel. These are breathable materials that allow air to pass through freely. The cover also allows air to pass through.
- If you’re a couple – many couples will love having this bed as it does not make noise and relieves pressure. Aside from that, the mattress has above-average edge support. However, it is not suitable for sex as it is not bouncy like innerspring mattresses. You will like this bed because it does not make noise as you have fun.
- If you’re heavyweight – this mattress features high-density memory foam and is thick. Therefore, it provides more support than Casper mattress. This means heavyweight sleepers or people who weigh 230 pounds or more will have an easy time sleeping on this mattress as they won’t sink a lot.
- If you want a better warranty – Loom & Leaf comes with a better warranty than Casper. The brand comes with a 15-year warranty, while Casper has a 10-year warranty. This is enough time for you to discover if the mattress is good or not.
- If you want a longer sleep trial period with 120 nights free trial period, you get more time to taste the Loom & Leaf mattress and find out if it provides the comfort you desire. Casper has a shorter sleep trial period of 100 nights.
Similarities between Casper and Loom & Leaf
- The two mattresses are popular and made of all foam materials
- They come with the same base or foundation layer and also have memory foam in their composition.
- They come with an outstanding sleep trial period
- They provide a warranty and have a fantastic customer support team
Differences between Casper and Loom & Leaf
- The mattresses are made up of different materials in their composition. Casper has a polyester cover, while Loom & Leaf has organic circular-knit cotton fabric quilted with foam.
- Casper mattress is cheaper than Loom & Leaf mattress.
- The Casper Mattress has a softer traditional memory foam feel, while the Loom & Leaf has a classic memory foam feel.
- The Casper mattress features zoned construction, while Loom & Leaf has a more uniform structure.
Which is better? Casper or Loom & Leaf Mattress?
After going through this detailed comparison review, you can make an informed choice about which mattress to choose. Both Casper and Loom & Leaf are two exceptional mattresses online mattresses. Unlike many mattresses that have a lot of similarities, these are easier to differentiate. Depending on your needs and budget, you will find either Casper or Loom & Leaf to be your ideal mattress.
Casper is a perfect mattress for people who weigh less than 230 pounds, want better edge support, sleep cool, and love a software mattress. On the other hand, Loom & Leaf is an ideal mattress for heavy individuals, want classic memory foam, prefer a firm feel over plush feel, better motion isolation, and better warranty.
All-in-all, these two mattresses provide comfort and are durable. They also have an incredible customer support team and come in a variety of sizes. Take your time and pick a mattress that meets your needs and matches your budget.
Still, have questions after reading this Casper VS Loom & Leaf comparison article? Comment below.