Puffy and Purple are famous online mattresses. These bed-in-a-box mattresses boast of several models that allow them to give sleepers different mattress options. Both of these brands have a fantastic reputation, and their beds are highly rated. That’s why many people get confused when it comes to choosing between Puffy and Purple mattresses. Read this Puffy VS Purple Mattress to know more about these brands.
In this comparison review, we’ve simplified things for you to have an easy time choosing a toilet that befits your needs and demands.
Comparison Chart: Puffy VS Purple Mattress
|Cover||cooling cloud memory foam with a balanced foam feel||Viscose, lycra, and polyester|
|Ideal for||lightweight and average-weight sleepers||average-weight and heavyweight sleepers|
|Trial period||101 nights||100 nights|
|Warranty||industry-best lifetime warranty||10 year limited warranty|
Details Comparison Puffy VS Purple Mattress
- 1 Comparison Chart: Puffy VS Purple Mattress
- 2 Details Comparison Puffy VS Purple Mattress
- 3 About Puffy
- 4 About Purple
- 5 Pros of the Puffy mattress
- 6 Cons of the Puffy mattresses
- 7 Pros of the Purple mattress
- 8 Cons of the Purple mattresses
- 9 Who should buy the Puffy mattress?
- 10 Who should buy the Purple mattresses?
- 11 Final Decision: Purple OR Puffy Mattress? Which is Better?
- 12 FAQ
Understanding how both of these mattresses are built makes the selection process even more comfortable. Here is how Puffy and Purple mattresses are built:
Puffy mattresses come in different profiles. The Puffy flagship mattress has an average profile of 10-inches. If you want a thicker profile, you should consider getting the Puffy Lux or Puffy Royal mattresses.
All Puffy mattresses feature foam manufactured through an eco-friendly variable foaming process—the foam cradles to the sleeper’s body, which results in relieving pressure. Puffy beds fall within the medium-firm rating, which is perfect for most sleepers.
The Puffy mattress has a removable and breathable cover. This means you can remove the cover if it gets dirty or stained for cleaning. Next is the Puffy’s comfort layer. This layer is made up of a cooling cloud memory foam with a balanced foam feel. Besides, the foam is infused with gel to assist with cooling. Beneath the cloud cooling layer is the climate comfort transition layer. This layer is firmer and more responsive. It gives a bouncy feel to the mattress. Also, it prevents the sleeper from sinking too deep into the bed.
Finally, the 6-inch firm support core layer helps keep the spine aligned and offers pressure relief. It also supports the soft upper layers of the mattress.
Same as the Puffy mattress, the Purple mattress has different beds in different profiles. Their flagship mattress, the Purple mattress, also has an average profile of 10-inches. On the other hand, the Purple Hybrid and Purple Hybrid Premier beds come with thicker profiles.
The Puffy mattress is another excellent bed. It is constructed with three layers, which make up the 10-inches. These layers are covered with a soft flex cover that is soft, breathable, and flexible. It helps the mattress to sleep cool. The cover also helps to maximize the flexing attributes of the Purple Grid technology.
The top layer is made up of a 2-inch Purple Grid technology. This is a balanced no pressure support designed to flex directly under your pressure points while offering support to the entire body. This grid-like layer also has an open-cell structure that allows air to flow freely through the bed and help the sleeper sleep cool.
Below the Purple Grid layer is the dual-layered comfort foam layer. This is a soft and responsive layer that helps to minimize motion and offer support. Finally, there is the base layer, which features high-density polyfoam. This layer provides support to the weight of the sleepers and foam layers above it.
Durability is a vital aspect to look at when selecting a mattress. Memory foam mattresses are not usually as durable as a hybrid, latex, or innerspring beds. However, there are some quality memory foam beds that are made with superior materials.
In this case, Puffy and Purple mattresses are both made from excellent materials and should last longer than the average memory foam beds. Both mattresses should have a lifespan of at least six and a half years or more. Purple mattress is more durable than Puffy because it comes with an extra-durable technology, the Purple Grid that lasts longer the gel-infused memory foam.
Puffy and Purple mattresses have a medium-firm rating of between 6 and 7 on the firmness scale of 1-10. Therefore, many sleepers will love sleeping on these beds as they can support all people. The Puffy mattress has a rating of 6.5, while the Purple mattress has a rating of 6. However, because of the mattress’s comfort layers, the Purple mattress feels firmer than the Puffy mattress. Thanks to the peculiar Purple Grid technology that can support the sleeper and align their pine properly.
When it comes to relieving pressure, both mattresses are good at it. But it depends on the sleepers sleeping positing and weight. The Puffy mattress is ideal for lightweight and average-weight sleepers that love sleeping on their back and side. They will feel less pressure when they sleep on their backs or sides rather than sleeping on their stomach.
On the other hand, average-weight and heavyweight sleepers will feel more comfortable sleeping on the Purple mattress. Stomach sleepers will also sleep soundly without feeling a lot of pressure build-up in their body’s pressure points. The hyper-elastic polymer grid will flex under pressure and conform to the sleeper’s body.
Motion isolation is crucial for individuals who sleep with their partners. Some mattresses don’t limit motion transfer, which results in passing on the motion from one end of the bed to another. If this happens, then one partner may be distracted when sleeping.
Both Puffy and Purple mattresses are exceptional when it comes to limiting motion. However, Puffy has a slight edge in this regard. Thanks to the gel-infused memory foam layer that absorbs motion better than the Purple Grid technology.
All-foam beds usually struggle with edge support. Puffy and Purple mattresses are not an exception. However, Puffy mattress has poor edge support like most all-foam mattresses, while Purple has better edge support. This is because of the 3-inch foam encasement that can be found around the Purple Grid. This feature provides enhanced edge support, meaning that sleepers can use the mattress’s entire surface or even sit on the edge without sinking too deep.
Both of these mattresses sleep cool, meaning that hot sleepers will have ample time at night. Puffy comes with a gel-infused memory foam, which is breathable and a breathable cover. On the contrary, the Purple mattress comes with the unique Purple Grid that is breathable and allows the bed to sleep cool.
However, the Purple mattress sleeps cooler than the Puffy mattress. Thanks to its peculiar Purple Grid technology.
Puffy and Purple mattresses may not be the best mattresses for sex. However, they are better than most all-foam mattresses. They are both reasonably responsive, which makes them suitable for couples. The Purple mattress is better in this category than the Puffy mattress because of the bouncy and responsive Purple Grid technology.
Both of these mattresses are virtually silent. They are made of all foam layers, meaning that they bear weight quietly. If you’re tired of your hybrid or innerspring mattress, these mattresses will be perfect for you.
Expect some off-gassing when you unbox both the mattresses. Puffy and Purple mattresses will produce some odor, but it will last for long. What’s more, the smell is not very strong or toxic. This is because the beds are made of CertiPUR-US certified foam layers, meaning that they are free of ozone depleters, formaldehyde, lead, and other heavy metals. The mattress is as well as low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs); thus, it is safe for use.
Bed-in-a-box companies have made it easier for customers as they don’t have to visit the traditional brick-and-mortar stores to try out the beds. Instead, the beds are delivered at the customer’s doorstep and test the mattress for a given period.
Puffy offers its customers a 101-nights free trial period, while Purple offers a 100-nights free trial period. Additionally, Puffy mattresses have a mandatory break-in period of 14 nights, while Purple has a break-in period of 21-nights. This is quite challenging for some customers but still better than brands that offer a mandatory break-in period of 30-nights.
The Puffy mattress offers free delivery within the contiguous U.S. Clients from Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay some fee to have the mattress delivered. However, they don’t have white glove delivery and old mattress removal services.
The purple mattress also offers free standard shipping to the contiguous U.S, while clients from Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will incur an additional fee. Purple also offers white glove delivery for the Purple Hybrid and Purple Hybrid Premier mattresses. The Purple mattress does not come with white glove delivery services.
Puffy and Purple mattresses vary in prices. The price of the mattress differs according to the size. Overall, Purple mattresses are slightly expensive than the Puffy mattress.
The Puffy mattress comes with an industry-best lifetime warranty, while the Purple mattress comes with a 10-year warranty. This means they are both reliable and can be relied on for a very long time.
Puffy makes only foam mattresses. It has three models: the Puffy flagship mattress, the Puffy Lux mattress, and the Puffy Royal mattress. Puffy mattresses are exceptional when it comes to relieving pressure, isolating pressure, and sleeping cool. Apart from mattresses, the company also offers bedding, bed frames, seat cushions, etc.
Purple is making a lot of noise in the market because of its unique Purple Grid technology. This technology makes Purple mattresses breathable and gives them a unique feel. Purple boasts of several mattress models. Its flagship mattress is the Purple mattress. Aside from this, it also has Purple Hybrid and Purple Hybrid Premier mattress models.
Without much ado, let’s find out which mattress stands out between the Puffy and Purple mattress. Our attention will be on Puffy and Purple flagship mattresses (Puffy mattress and Purple mattress)
Pros of the Puffy mattress
- The bed is good at isolating motion
- It sleeps fairly cool
- Offers excellent pressure relief
- It is virtually silent
- It has a 101-nights free sleep trial period
- Limited lifetime warranty
Cons of the Puffy mattresses
- It has a weak edge support
- The company specializes in only foam mattresses
- The beds are quite expensive
Pros of the Purple mattress
- The company provides a variety of mattresses
- It has excellent cooling technology
- It is outstanding in relieving pressure
- It features a 100-night free sleep trial period
- 10-year limited warranty
Cons of the Purple mattresses
- The mattresses are quite heavy
- The beds come with a mandatory break-in period
Who should buy the Puffy mattress?
- If you love a mattress with a balanced memory foam feel, you will like the Puffy mattress. This bed comes with a balanced memory foam feel, as it features memory foam in its comfort layer.
- If you’re a lightweight or average-weight stomach and back sleeper, this is the right bed for you. The Puffy mattress will offer the necessary support and align your spine correctly.
- If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns a lot in bed, you will like this mattress. The bed is exceptional when it comes to isolating pressure. Therefore, the movements of your partner in bed won’t affect your sleep.
- If you sleep hot on memory foam mattresses, you will love the Puffy bed. This mattress has a cooling gel cloud layer that makes it breathable and regulates temperature.
- If you have been searching for a bed that alleviates pressure, you won’t be disappointed by this bed. It provides enhanced spinal alignment, which is vital for comfort and pressure relief.
- If you’re a combination sleeper, you will fall in love with this mattress. The Puffy mattress can accommodate any sleeper as it comes with a medium-firm rating. There is no big deal whether you sleep on your back, stomach, or side; you will still feel comfortable using this bed.
Who should buy the Purple mattresses?
- If you usually sleep hot, the Purple mattress will allow you to have a good night’s sleep. The bed comes with a unique Purple Grid technology that allows free airflow, resulting in an undisturbed night’s sleep.
- If you’re a couple and desire a bouncy and responsive foam mattress, Purple is the perfect bed for you. This mattress boasts of the Purple Grid technology that creates a gel-like feel. This feel is bouncy and responsive, making it ideal for couples.
- If you like resting on your stomach and desire a bed that offers the right support, you won’t go wrong with the Purple mattress. This bed has a medium-firm feel, which provides support to stomach and back sleepers.
- If you’re tired of being awoken in the middle of the night because of your partner’s movements being transferred to your side, the Purple mattress is the answer. This bed does an excellent job of limiting motion transfer, which results in a good night.
- If you want a mattress from a reputable online brand, Purple is the way to go. Purple has created the right image over the years, translating into trust and reliability from its customers.
Final Decision: Purple OR Puffy Mattress? Which is Better?
Puffy and Purple mattresses are two exceptional beds with a lot of similarities and a few differences. Both of these beds offer comfort, sleep cool, alleviate pressure, and serve multiple sleepers. It is very clear that both of these beds are exceptional in performance and do what they say they do. As a result, the final choice will depend on your needs and preferences. Make the right choice, and you will have nothing to regret. We hope you’ve found this Puffy VS Purple mattress comparison to be helpful.
Question: Which mattress is better – Puffy or Purple mattress?
Answer: There is no winner, as different people have different preferences. The Puffy mattress should be excellent for lightweight and average-weight back and side sleepers. Additionally, it will fit the needs of people who love the feel of memory foam mattresses. On the contrary, the Purple mattress is best suited for individuals who sleep hot as it has a unique cooling technology that will keep the bed cool the entire night. Also, the Purple mattress will be preferred by the heavyweight stomach, back, and side sleepers.
Question: What are the key differences between these two mattresses?
Answer: The Puffy mattress is a memory foam mattress, while the Purple bed has a unique Purple Grid technology that is excellent at offering pressure relief and cooling the bed. What’s more, the Puffy mattress has a balanced memory foam feel, while the Purple mattress has a peculiar, gel-like feel. Besides, the Purple mattress sleeps cooler than the Puffy mattress.
Question: What makes choosing between Puffy and Purple mattress difficult?
Answer: Both of these mattresses are popular online brands. They have an excellent rating when it comes to reviews and reputation. Furthermore, both of these beds are sold at almost the same price and come with similar base layers. With these similarities, people are always confused about which mattress to choose between the two.
Still, have questions after reading this Puffy VS Purple Mattress Reviews? Comment below.