Choosing an online mattress isn’t easy as there are lots of options to select from. However, the DreamCloud and Casper mattresses are some of the best online beds to consider. If you don’t know which online mattress brand to select from these two, then you’re in the right spot.
Both of these mattresses are beautifully constructed and come with some of the most exceptional features. Just pick the right mattress for your needs and budget. DreamCloud offers two mattresses: DreamCloud and DramCloud Premier, while Casper offers four mattresses: Casper Original, Casper Original Hybrid, the Nova Hybrid, and the Wave Hybrid.
Comparison Chart: Dreamcloud VS Casper
|Different for each
|Different for each
|Ease of movement:
|DreamCloud and Dreamcloud premier
|Casper Original, Casper Original Hybrid, the Nova Hybrid, and the Wave Hybrid
|Lifetime warranty with free shipping
|Check Today’s Price
|Check Today’s Price
Features Comparison: Dreamcloud VS Casper Mattress
With over six mattresses to pick from, you can land a mattress of your choice from these two excellent bed-in-a-box mattress brands. All DreamCloud mattresses are hybrid, while Casper has one all-foam bed (Casper Original) and three Hybrid mattresses.
If you want to know which mattress matches your needs best, continue reading to find out. This detailed review has everything you have to know about DreamCloud and Casper mattresses.
To tell which mattress is best suited for your needs, you need to scrutinize how each one of them is made. DreamCloud and Casper mattresses differ in how they are constructed. Read on to know what makes up each bed.
DreamCloud has two mattress options, the DreamCloud mattress, and the DreamCloud Premier. Here’s how they are constructed:
Check Today’s Price
DreamCloud mattress measures 14-inches in height and comes with multiple mattress sizes, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. The DreamCloud mattress is made up of the following layers and materials:
- The cover is made up of Euro-top cashmere blend quilted with 1.5-inches of memory foam
- The top layer is made up of a gel-infused memory foam comfort layer
- Next is the polyfoam transition layer
- Below the transition layer is the individually encased pocketed coil support core
- Finally, there is the high-density polyfoam base layer.
The DreamCloud can accommodate sleepers who weigh 130 pounds or more. Thanks to its medium-firm that can support most types of sleepers. It is also the firmest bed on this list, with a rating of 6 on the firmness scale of 1 to 10. Since the mattress has coils in its support core, it also sleeps cool as air flows freely through its structure.
DreamCloud Premier mattress
DreamCloud Premier mattress is 15-inches in height. Besides, it comes in different sizes, which include Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. Here’s what the California Premier bed is made of:
The cover is made up of a Euro-top cashmere blend quilted with 2.5-inches of memory foam. When compared to the DreamCloud mattress, the quilted memory foam is slightly larger.
- Beneath the DreamCloud cover is a gel-infused memory foam comfort layer.
- A polyfoam transitional layer follows it.
- The support core layer is made up of individually encased pocketed coils.
- At the bottom of the mattress is the high-density polyfoam base layer.
From the description above, DreamCloud Premier and DreamCloud mattresses have similar construction and materials. Because of this, both beds offer medium-firm, but the DreamCloud bed is somewhat firmer. This is because the DreamCloud Premier comes with an additional inch of memory foam padding quilted into the top cover. Also, it hugs the sleeper more closely than the DreamCloud bed.
But since both beds feature coils in the support core, the DramCloud Premier is also breathable and sleeps cool. Apart from that, it has a supportive edge, which prevents sleepers from sinking when they sit or sleep around the perimeter.
Unlike DreamCloud, Casper has four mattress options; Casper Original, Casper Original Hybrid, Casper Nova Hybrid, and Casper Wave Hybrid. Note that all Casper mattresses come with a polyester cover that’s soft to touch. Here’s how each of these beds is constructed:
Check Today’s Price
Casper Original is Casper’s flagship mattress. It measures 11-inches and has different size options, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. The Casper Original mattress comes with the following materials and layers:
- The first layer is made up of 1.5-inches Airscape open-cell polyfoam comfort layer
- The second layer comes with 2-inches of 3-zone memory foam comfort layer
- The base or support core comprises 7-inches of polyfoam
Casper Original is the only all-foam mattress on this list. Therefore, it’s virtually silent and the best at isolating motion. In addition, it has a firmness rating of 5, which is medium on a scale of 10. What’s more, it provides the most pressure relief, and it’s the least expensive mattress on the list.
Casper Original Hybrid
Casper Original Hybrid is also referred to as Casper Hybrid. This bed shares the same features and materials with Casper Original, aside from the coil support core. It measures 11-inches and offers the same mattress size options as Casper Original. Here’s how this mattress is constructed:
- The first layer is made up of 1.5-inches of Airscape open-cell polyfoam comfort layer
- The second layer features a 2-inch 3-zone memory foam comfort layer
- The final layer comprises 7-inch pocketed coils.
The Casper Original Hybrid is rated as medium-firm on the firmness scale of 1 to 10. Unlike the Casper Original, this bed is not good at isolating motion, but it’s more breathable. Furthermore, the mattress is very responsive with a supportive edge. These are features that you won’t get in the Casper Original mattress.
Casper Nova Hybrid
Casper Nova Hybrid measures 12-inches and has six different size options to pick from, which include twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king beds. Here’s how the Casper Nova Hybrid mattress is constructed:
- The top layer comes with 1-inch of Airscape open-cell polyfoam comfort layer
- The second layer is made up of a 1.5-inch of 3-zone Airscape open-cell polyfoam comfort layer
- The third layer comes with a 2-inch 7-zone transitional memory foam
- The final layer has 7-inches of pocketed coils
As you can see, the Casper Nova Hybrid mattress has a similar structure to that of the Casper Hybrid, with the only difference being the extra comfort layer that it comes with. Because of this, Casper Nova Hybrid is not as firm as the Casper Hybrid bed. It comes with a firmness rating of 5 out of 10.
On top of that, the zoned memory foam layers in both mattresses differ as the Casper Hybrid has three zones, while the Nova Hybrid has seven zones. These additional zones make Casper Nova Hybrid softer and more suited for relieving pressure than Casper Hybrid.
Casper Wave Hybrid
The Casper Wave Hybrid mattress is the most luxurious and expensive Casper mattress. Unlike the other Casper Hybrid beds, this mattress comes with two additional zones for added comfort and alleviating pressure.
Casper Wave Hybrid is also slightly more significant than the other Casper beds as it measures 13-inches in height. It also has different mattress sizes to pick from, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. Here is what the Casper Wave Hybrid mattress is made of:
- The first layer is made up of 1-inch of Airscape open-cell polyfoam comfort layer
- The second layer comes with a 1.5-inch Airscape open-cell latex comfort layer
- The third layer is fitted with a 1.5-inch Airscape 3-zone memory foam
- Next is a 1.5-inch zoned polyfoam with targeted gel pods
- The final layer comes with 7-inches of pocketed coils
Since the Casper Wave Hybrid comes with additional layers, it’s pretty plusher than other Casper Hybrid beds. It also has a medium-firm feel with a score of 5 on a scale of 10. Besides, it also relieves pressure excellently and isolates motion well.
As expected, the Casper Original is the least durable mattress on this list. This is because it’s made up of all-foam layers, which don’t last long. It is followed closely by DreamCloud mattress, Casper Original Hybrid, and DreamCloud Premier. The most durable beds are the Casper Nova Hybrid and Casper Wave Hybrid.
As stated earlier, all of these beds have a medium-firm feel. However, some mattresses feel firmer than others. The firmest beds on this list are the DreamCloud mattress and DreamCloud Premier, while the softest is the Casper Nova Hybrid and Casper Original beds. Make sure to choose the right firm feel for a comfortable and relaxed night’s sleep.
People who sleep with partners, pets, and kids know the importance of having a mattress with good motion isolation. Unfortunately, since hybrid mattresses come with coils in their structure, they are typically responsive, making them have poor motion isolation.
All-foam and memory foam mattresses excel when it comes to motion isolation. Since these beds don’t come with coils but foam layers alone, they do a great job isolating motion. If you want the best bed for motion isolation, the Casper Original is the best mattress for you. Nonetheless, the best hybrid bed for isolating motion on this list is the Casper Nova Hybrid.
Edge support is the ability of the bed to support weight on its perimeter. Memory foam mattresses usually have poor edge support, while hybrid beds have excellent edge support. Hence, most of the mattresses on this bed will support you if you like sitting or sleeping at the edge of the mattress, apart from Casper Original mattress. The bed with the best edge support is the DreamCloud Premier, while the bed with the least support is the Casper Original.
Ease of movement
Some beds are easier to move in and out, while others are not. Typically, all-foam mattresses are highly conforming, resulting in better pressure relief. However, when it comes to movement, the hug feeling can make you feel stuck in bed.
On the other hand, hybrid mattresses with coils are very responsive, making moving in and out of bed super easy. Therefore, the Casper Original bed is not the best for movement, while all the other hybrid beds are easy to move in and out of bed.
Some people sleep hot and may suffocate on mattresses that trap heat. For example, All-foam mattresses trap a lot of heat as they are not very breathable. On the other hand, hybrid mattresses sleep cool as they are breathable.
Casper Original is the only all-foam bed on this list. Therefore, it’s the least breathable bed, followed closely by the Casper Nova Hybrid with lots of foam in its comfort layer. The rest of the bed sleeps relatively cool as they allow air to flow freely and get rid of most of the heat.
If you’re a person who feels pain around the shoulders, waist, or around your legs, having a bed that alleviates pressure well is vital. That’s where the Casper Original mattress comes in. Since all-foam beds deliver the best pressure relief, the Casper mattress will be the perfect mattress for such people.
However, the Casper Nova Hybrid also offers considerable pressure relief. Thanks to the extra layers and zones that it comes with. These make the mattress plush, and it’s able to hug the sleeper more closely than other beds.
The materials a mattress comprises of can affect sex. For example, All-foam mattresses tend to sink in more than hybrid or latex mattresses. As a result, the Casper Original is the least ideal bed for sex. The other mattresses come with memory foam layers and coils that make the bed responsive and bouncy. Also, hybrid mattresses are good for sex as they feature a reinforced edge. This is crucial as it allows the entire bed to be utilized.
The best bed for sex on this list is the DreamCloud Premier mattress. It has a medium-firm surface with extra cushioning for excellent traction. It’s also bouncy and easy to change positions.
As much as most people don’t consider this factor, it’s vital to have peace of mind. Some beds are noisy and maybe a distraction during sex. Nevertheless, some mattresses like those made of all-foam are quiet and perfect for sex.
Casper Original is the only bed on this list that won’t make noise. The rest will produce some noise as they have coils in their structure.
Almost all bed-in-a-box mattresses off-gas. This is because of the materials they are made of, which contain volatile organic compounds. So, when a new mattress is opened, it produces a chemical odor. Nonetheless, some beds take a shorter period to off-gas, while others take longer.
DreamCloud and Casper off-gas when opened. Both of these beds will have to be left in an open or well-ventilated room for at least 48 hours to fully off-gas. However, the Casper Original may take slightly longer to off-gas as it’s made of all-foam layers, unlike the other beds with coils in their structures.
Trying a bed before buying it helps you know if it feels good or it’s a terrible idea. Both of these online companies provide free trial periods. DreamCloud provides the best trial period of 365-nights with a 30-night mandatory break-in period.
When it comes to Casper, shoppers will get a 100-night free sleep trial period. This is the industry average, but it also comes with a 30-night mandatory break-in period.
So, regardless of which mattress you acquire, you will have to break in for 30-nights before making up your mind. But, overall, the DreamCloud trial period is so enticing and allows you to test the bed properly.
DreamCloud ships its mattresses for free to the contiguous US states. However, shoppers located in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay an extra fee for their mattresses to be shipped. Note that DeamCloud does not offer international shipping at the moment.
On the contrary, Casper also ships to the contiguous US states and some parts of Canada for free. However, buyers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Northern Canada are charged a fee to have their bed shipped on their doorstep.
White glove delivery and old mattress removal
DreamCloud and Casper offer white glove delivery and old mattress removal services. However, these services are not for free as you will be charged a fee. For example, if you want white glove delivery, a fee will be charged, and you will also be charged a small fee if you wish to have old mattress removal.
The cheapest mattress on this list is the Casper Original mattress. This bed is even cheaper than the least DreamCloud bed (DreamCloud mattress). The second most affordable bed is the Casper Original Hybrid mattress, followed by DreamCloud mattress, DreamCloud Premier, Casper Nova Hybrid, and Casper Wave Hybrid.
All of these beds are worth their price and are some of the best on the market. The Casper Original bed is the cheapest as it’s made of all-foam. The other beds are pretty expensive as they are all hybrid mattresses.
Both of these beds come with exceptional warranties. The DreamCloud mattress comes with an industry-best limited lifetime warranty, while Casper comes with an excellent 10-year limited warranty. However, when you compare these two warranties, it’s clear that DreamCloud is the best as the risk is negligible.
Moreover, DreamCloud mattress is cheaper, meaning that you will gain more in the long run, even though its hybrid mattresses are not better than Casper hybrid mattresses.
So, you won’t spend a dime on the DreamCloud bed in case of a defect in the future.
Who should buy the DreamCloud mattress?
- If you love a firm feel – DreamCloud mattresses are all firm. Whether you pick the DreamCloud bed or the DreamCloud Premier, you will get a medium-firm mattress. This means you will get the proper support where you need it most.
- If you usually sleep hot – people who normally sleep hot will love DreamCloud mattresses. Thanks to the innerspring in the support core that allow air to move freely.
- If you want a better sleep trial period – some brands provide a short sleep trial, denying sleepers enough time to test their mattresses. DreamCloud offers the best sleep trial on the market, which is 365-nights.
- If you want the best warranty on the market – apart from offering the best sleep trial, this brand also provides the best warranty, which is a “limited lifetime warranty.”
Who shouldn’t buy the DreamCloud mattress?
- If you relish the feel of memory foam – people who love memory foam should stay away from the DreamCloud bed as they do not offer an all-foam mattress, but hybrid beds only.
- If you’re a lightweight sleeper – since DreamCloud comes with medium-firm beds, lighter people will have difficulty finding comfort on this bed as it will not align properly.
Who should buy the Casper mattress?
- If you want a memory foam feel – Casper offers both memory foam and hybrid mattresses. So, if you’re looking for a bed with a memory foam feel, the Casper Original is a good option.
- If you desire a breathable mattress – Casper hybrid mattresses come with pocketed coils that make them breathable. So, if you sleep hot and want a fantastic bed, you can select from one of Casper’s hybrid mattresses.
- If you’re ready to spend to get the best – the Casper Original mattress may be cheap, but its hybrid mattresses are not. The Casper Nova and Casper Wave Hybrid are more expensive than DreamCloud’s hybrid mattresses.
Who shouldn’t buy the Casper mattress?
- If you’re on a budget – those who are unwilling to spend to get the best mattress should stay away from this mattress. The only cheap bed from this brand is the Casper Original. The rest will cost you a lot.
- If you don’t like off-gassing mattresses – like other bed-in-a-box mattresses, the Casper mattress will off-gas when opened. The Casper Original will produce the most gas.
Which mattress are you going to buy between Dreamcloud and Casper?
Overall, both the DreamCloud and Casper mattresses are fantastic online beds. Casper Original mattress is the cheapest bed, while Casper Wave Hybrid is the most luxurious and expensive bed. If you want a mattress that is made of all-foam, Casper Original is your option.
The best mattress for heavyweight individuals is the DreamCloud mattress, while the best mattress for lightweight sleepers is the Casper Original. Additionally, if you want a bed that isolates motion well, the Casper Original is the best bed.
If you’re on a stringent budget, but still desire a quality hybrid bed, the DreamCloud mattress is the most suitable one. But if you’re willing to spend to get the best of the best, Casper Wave Hybrid is the best choice. For those who want a better warranty and a long sleep trial period, DreamCloud is your best bet.
Make the right choice so that you can have ample, sound, and healthy night’s sleep.